• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please I need opinions
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I am fairly new to collecting so I don’t know much as far as graded cards go and how to determine value but I just bought a charizard graded by CGC, graded a perfect 10 with 4 10 sub grades. I noticed when I received the card in the mail that there is a “dot” on the card. It was graded that way and is on the graded picture on the registry. 

Now I’m wondering, is this a grading error from CGC? Is it not taken into consideration when grading? Will other companies grade similar? Does this devalue the card? 

Please help I need advice from people that know what they’re talking about. 

Thank you! 43508245-D7BA-464E-A3F5-6333879D1FFB.thumb.jpeg.6db86a351d9c6966abe6ba8ded90eebb.jpegD7478A3D-B39F-4E13-85E8-40B8C482DD1D.jpeg.a803d31292362b1f18cb18c8a4d6de47.jpegC6F39A99-565D-419F-8990-7EF00AC3CA00.jpeg.bf30fb6045ece32d238ea054c93c1414.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello

We would have to examine it in person to see if if something happened to it after grading.  If you would like to send it in, I can give you instructions how.

Edit:  We think it might be a time piece of debris.  We will fix this for free.  Select ME on the online submission form.  Provided you live in the US, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you automatically.  If you live outside of the US, you would have to contact customer service.  We will also return the card at our expense.

Mike

On 8/30/2022 at 5:28 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

We would have to examine it in person to see if if something happened to it after grading.  If you would like to send it in, I can give you instructions how.

Edit:  We think it might be a time piece of debris.  We will fix this for free.  Select ME on the online submission form.  Provided you live in the US, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you automatically.  If you live outside of the US, you would have to contact customer service.  We will also return the card at our expense.

Mike

Mike, what selection do I choose when I send this to be reviewed?