• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CFP cleaning/pressing: When do you ship your comics?
3 3

30 posts in this topic

The CFP Comics & Services website indicates that they are currently processing comics from 10/2021, suggesting an approximate 9+ month backlog.  Various posts on these forums highlight this company as providing good service so I'm willing to wait in line.  For those of you who have used CFP, do you need to submit your comics immediately (and have them sit at CFP) or do you have the option to send them in as the expected processing date gets closer?

Thanks

Is the question “should I wait for the queue to get shorter before submitting?”

ironically any other frequent users have an interest in telling you to wait to submit so their own personal queue is shorter when they submit in the short term.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, travizb said:

The CFP Comics & Services website indicates that they are currently processing comics from 10/2021, suggesting an approximate 9+ month backlog.  Various posts on these forums highlight this company as providing good service so I'm willing to wait in line.  For those of you who have used CFP, do you need to submit your comics immediately (and have them sit at CFP) or do you have the option to send them in as the expected processing date gets closer?

Thanks

You could call or email.  Plenty of contact info at the bottom of their homepage....

1953260732_Screenshot2022-08-30at16-23-55Home-CFPComicsServices.thumb.png.90021b9f717e28d53e1286e0fcfc0df1.png

On 8/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, Lightning55 said:

You could call or email.  Plenty of contact info at the bottom of their homepage....

1953260732_Screenshot2022-08-30at16-23-55Home-CFPComicsServices.thumb.png.90021b9f717e28d53e1286e0fcfc0df1.png

Been there. Done that.  I haven't received a response yet so I'm posting here for more info :eek:

On 8/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, Bleeck said:

That's different. Do you know what "we are CGC and CBCS certified" means?

Screenshot_20220830-171324_Chrome.jpg.2596e270db6fb1056716582be46575bd.jpg

Sounds like something that has dubious legal meaning and should probably be reviewed by someone’s lawyers

I believe it means that they can act as certified agents of the grading companies as far as maintaining authentication.  So if you sent a slabbed comic to them to be cracked, pressed, and resubmitted, it would maintain its authenticity because they are certified. 

They would resubmit with the original label as provenance.  So no need for second restoration/authentication check.  If signed, it would maintain its authentic signature status even though it had been removed from its case.

I don't know if this practice is still in place with either grading company.

@Bleeck - This is what I am referring to on the impressivecomicbooks.com site regarding the submission for pressing comics.  It does seem a little dicey (excel spreadsheet) as @revat mentioned.  Does your $25 get thrown into a black hole?

Have you submitted to CFP before?  

image.thumb.png.5622d12c1bd33fd65f3400210296d6cc.png

On 8/30/2022 at 7:02 PM, travizb said:

@Bleeck - This is what I am referring to on the impressivecomicbooks.com site regarding the submission for pressing comics.  It does seem a little dicey (excel spreadsheet) as @revat mentioned.  Does your $25 get thrown into a black hole?

This is just a money grab 

On 8/30/2022 at 7:08 PM, Bleeck said:

Can't be that, even Joeypost can't do that anymore.

That's what I mean.  I don't know if that is dead and done now.  I think it is, but I am not sure I ever saw confirmation of that, or if it was just a rumor.

He asked what the phrase meant, and I think I got it right.  But it may no longer apply and was never updated.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:14 PM, Bleeck said:

Actually I don't think that phrase means jack:censored:. I think it's made up by them and is a straight-up lie. 

Doesn't sound farfetched.  If they are dealers for both, and had gone through whatever it takes to be certified to open cases under the grading companies' authorities, that's what the program was for.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:22 PM, Bleeck said:

What are you talking about? No one but CCS can crack an SS and keep the Yellow label.

"Certified to open cases" - what?

You're saying there's a program to become certified to crack open cases? C'mon.

Actually some number of years  ago it was a thing.  Some pressers with good Cgc relationships were allowed to crack and press yellow labels and submit and Keep their yellow labels.  This made more sense when Cgc did not have a pressing service. 

im pretty sure that was slowly phased out once Cgc started doing pressing, and cfp (joey) was the last one to have that service, but now no longer has it.

however, it is possible, that a given presser still has that service with OTHER grading companies, but it would be bad form to discuss that here.

On 8/30/2022 at 6:02 PM, travizb said:

This sounds like a reasonable option for both parties involved. The presser wouldn’t have to have space to essentially warehouse there customers books. There is insured value for theft and natural disasters that would be reduced.  If your the submitter and 6-9 months go by.  Say you’ve changed your mind because your hot books cooled and lost significant value.  Now you can just say keep the deposit I’m not sending the books to you.  Otherwise you couldn’t ship and return ship a box of books for $25.00. 

email was replied to 

Edited by joeypost

On 8/31/2022 at 7:34 AM, Topnotchman said:

This sounds like a reasonable option for both parties involved. The presser wouldn’t have to have space to essentially warehouse there customers books. There is insured value for theft and natural disasters that would be reduced.  If your the submitter and 6-9 months go by.  Say you’ve changed your mind because your hot books cooled and lost significant value.  Now you can just say keep the deposit I’m not sending the books to you.  Otherwise you couldn’t ship and return ship a box of books for $25.00. 

That's what I was thinking.  It's a good option for a small business that doesn't have the space or doesn't want to hold the liability of a large backlog of people's expensive books.

Thanks

For what it’s worth, the CFP website has been stating that they are processing books from the first week of October, 2021 for quite a while now.

There is a good chance that they are past that and haven’t updated the website yet.  

So who knows, the current TAT it may currently be less than 9+ months? 

Edited by eastriver400