• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

punisher 1 limited series cover by zeck
2 2

32 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 4:56 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Recreation ,asking $25k by panel page art. Just listed on 31 August 2022

Thoughts on pricing?

Sold on HA for only $7.2K in  Nov 2018.

the cover recreations for 2-4 also sold in the same auction for  $3.8-$4.5K each.

also, the Batman 420 cover recreation went for $4K in Aug 2018!

On 8/30/2022 at 10:39 PM, Michael Browning said:

I was told by Zeck at a convention that he no longer does commissions of any kind, and definitely no recreations. 

Okay, that's, fine.  Didn't know that, thanks.

I think he consignor is a regular boardie (unless the pieces have changed hands a couple of times already since he got it)

and Yes, you would be lucky to get a sketch out of Zeck, definitely no commissions and even when he did recreations he limited them (and insisted on changes, so no exact ones)

Malvin

On 8/30/2022 at 7:55 PM, KirbyCollector said:

"Recreation." It's a good thing someone concocted this term for our hobby... hate those more offensive terms like fake, duplicate and copy :roflmao:

If you're not going to do any of the above... then re-imagine it.

Not sure if this is allowed, but here's the link to the recreation:

https://panelpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=2382

I don't know what to think about a non-airbrushed recreation of the cover...

Not from Zeck but i commissioned a cover recreation once. It came out great. Man did I love it. 12 years later I obtained the real cover art and instantly in my eyes the recreation became akin to a photo-copy. Meaning not desirable. So I sold it which i very rarely do with art.   Not sure why i felt the need to mention any of that?

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/31/2022 at 10:00 AM, MAR1979 said:

Not from Zeck but i commissioned a cover recreation once. It came out great. Man did I love it. 12 years later I obtained the real cover art and instantly in my eyes it became akin to a photo-copy. Meaning not desirable. So I sold it which i very rarely do with art.   Not sure why i felt the need to mention any of that?

Sharing is caring!