• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

punisher 1 limited series cover by zeck
2 2

32 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2022 at 6:13 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well 3 out 4 of the recreations have sold… only the punisher 1 is left and that is by far the best… 

Hey Jason,

Can you clarify what you meant by this?  There are 5 covers, and each one of them have sold at least twice since they were first re-created.

Did 2 other covers recently sell? (along with the #2 at $18K by Burkey?)

Malvin

On 8/31/2022 at 11:00 AM, malvin said:

Hey Jason,

Can you clarify what you meant by this?  There are 5 covers, and each one of them have sold at least twice since they were first re-created.

Did 2 other covers recently sell? (along with the #2 at $18K by Burkey?)

Malvin

Glen listed 4 Zeck pieces (1 punisher  cover one punisher plate and1 Batman recreation and 1 Batman published piece and 3 have sold already ) 

Edited by Unstoppablejayd
Incorrect information

On 8/31/2022 at 8:07 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Glen listed 4 Zeck pieces (1 punisher  cover one punisher plate and 2 Batman recreations and 3 have sold already ) 

ah! ok.  I thought you were talking about just Zeck Punisher cover recreations.

Malvin

On 8/31/2022 at 6:13 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well 3 out 4 of the recreations have sold… only the punisher 1 is left and that is by far the best… 

I used to feel the same but as time goes on, the cover for 2 and 3 are just as awesome!

On 11/17/2023 at 6:51 PM, Kevin76 said:

Maybe cause of covers like these have something to do with his appeal?

:canofworms:  Well, if you mean his appeal... to me.  Yeah, kind of.  Those last 2 covers have the weird Zeck faces.  And I remember the whole Zeck / Phil Zimmelman thing was a big deal back in the day.  Also, I know it's supposedly an iconic cover but it's funny to see Wolvie and Cap sparring.  Noone has to worry about bidding against me for Zeck art.  :nyah:

On 11/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, Will_K said:

:canofworms:  Well, if you mean his appeal... to me.  Yeah, kind of.  Those last 2 covers have the weird Zeck faces.  And I remember the whole Zeck / Phil Zimmelman thing was a big deal back in the day.  Also, I know it's supposedly an iconic cover but it's funny to see Wolvie and Cap sparring.  Noone has to worry about bidding against me for Zeck art.  :nyah:

I am a huge Zech fan. As a big Punisher fan, I grew up loving his covers. But I agree with you, some of the faces, like the Captain America images up there can look a little funky. Still love his art though. 

For me he really brought the characters to life in a way most artists couldn't do (speaking to the covers here in particular).    As I say, I don't quite see it the same way I did now as back then, but I respect his talent and fondly appreciate his place in the evolution of comics.

On 12/5/2023 at 12:19 PM, Bronty said:

I love his stuff too.   It was so dynamic at the time.    Holds up pretty well, but kinda mind blowing when I was 12.

Yup, and thats also how I feel about Rob Liefeld. Zeck was a little before my time. I grew up on Rob's art, and it also blew my mind in the early 90's and I still love his stuff till this day. I dont care what anyone thinks lol