• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does a CCS Press Result in "very light finger bends top of back cover" when graded?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Ccs failed to completely press the finger bends out, hence the note very light.  Otherwise post pressing damage to the book would likely say finger bends. 
Graders notes are also not a conclusive list of flaws that downgrade a book from 9.8. 

I’ve had books pressed by a very good third party presser come back with the “light finger bend” thing then had it repressed by ccs and resubmitted and STILL come back with those bends noted. I hate to be conspiratorial but sometimes I think there’s some sort of mandate to limit how many 9.8s are assigned 

Now that I have received the book back I can confirm there is a finger bend there which wasn't there when I first submitted it.  Just very poor handling.  Kinda sucks, you pay for express service, pressing and grading, and expect better than this. 

On 9/1/2022 at 4:15 PM, wafdawg said:

Now that I have received the book back I can confirm there is a finger bend there which wasn't there when I first submitted it.  Just very poor handling.  Kinda sucks, you pay for express service, pressing and grading, and expect better than this. 

Just wait till a TMNT #1 labeled as first print gets removed from the slab and is actually a 3rd print. Then CGC will have jumped the shark.

Edited by underw0rld

On 9/1/2022 at 7:15 PM, wafdawg said:

Keep in mind that these books are most likely being handled by receiving first and the books have to be entered into the system. I don’t know the process but I can only imagine they need to get this done as soon as possible. 

After that the books have to be inspected for restoration, page count and quality, etc.

Then they have to be put into the inner well. 

I know it’s easy for the blame to fall on third party pressers but a competent pressed would have to have had a momentary seizure to send in books with  thumb creases, bends, etc.