• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC ever do signature authentication?

Would you like to see CGC offer signature authentication?   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see CGC offer signature verification/authentication as a service for unwitnessed signatures?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 04:00 AM

3 posts in this topic

What do you think the odds are that CGC will ever do signature authentication? I am not sure why there seems to be a bad sigma associated with signature verification. In any other field other than comic book collecting it is a widely practiced service. It is used by major auction houses and forgeries are way more difficult than people think. I for one would love if CGC would offer such a service. I have books that would greatly benefit from the signatures being authenticated. It seems crazy to send books to other grading companies to have a signature authenticated and the book graded when the book is then worth less on the open market because it is not a CGC graded book. What are your thoughts? Is this not the next logical service that is needed to fully round out a full customer service package? 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:56 PM, Paintersculptor said:

Is this not the next logical service that is needed to fully round out a full customer service package? 

It's not. They've made a couple of egregious errors this year. They need to refocus on what they're good at and stop trying to expand beyond their capabilities.