• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghost Rider 1 1973 - Paid for pressing but book wasn’t pressed
2 2

23 posts in this topic

I wanted other people’s feedback on this. I sent this book off with a couple others for pressing at CCS and then grading. The books came back over a year later. The two other books definitely look pressed, but the Ghost Rider book hasn’t been touched. I specifically called before I submitted the book to confirm that they would try to press out the spine roll, and I was told they would.

I was wondering if this book didn’t get pressed because it was assessed as too risky. That would be fine, except they still charged me the full price for pressing and grading. I’m going to include some pictures through the slab that show the book obviously wasn’t pressed.BB7E6AEE-92AD-4FB0-ABB8-9C964C1C0EA0.thumb.jpeg.1623511d337274f97f341a7051008c1d.jpegFF91ACE6-2299-46BA-983E-B49BE4CFFB9F.thumb.jpeg.d5f74520376dcc4f7f256eaf0f4bc193.jpeg0375207B-9E21-42B1-8ACF-AF693FF513E5.thumb.jpeg.4835830d89dfa85478520f6ad4f60acf.jpegE53D071E-C727-4E8E-8665-49DEA20733D6.thumb.jpeg.2afdc9a2fa247da592b087cfa8438081.jpeg

021455C1-EE77-4552-BD2D-E1EE726C8218.jpeg

Edited by Hartie Spence

On 9/4/2022 at 9:49 PM, MAR1979 said:

1st action: Attempt to work the issue out with CGC. 

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/what-do-if-youre-billed-things-you-never-got-or-you-get-unordered-products

BTW: it does have White pages to a small cadre of collectors that seems to be all that matters :)

I’d almost be worried that if they took it back in to actually press they’d grade it off-white to white the second time around haha.

On 9/6/2022 at 8:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

@joeypost, do you happen to see anything that could be a cause for concern with pressing this book?

Nothing from the scans. It may have simply been an oversight on CGC’s part. 

Edited by joeypost

• Administrator
On 9/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, Hartie Spence said:

I wanted other people’s feedback on this. I sent this book off with a couple others for pressing at CCS and then grading. The books came back over a year later. The two other books definitely look pressed, but the Ghost Rider book hasn’t been touched. I specifically called before I submitted the book to confirm that they would try to press out the spine roll, and I was told they would.

I was wondering if this book didn’t get pressed because it was assessed as too risky. That would be fine, except they still charged me the full price for pressing and grading. I’m going to include some pictures through the slab that show the book obviously wasn’t pressed.

Hello

I am going to look into this, and let you know what I find out,

Mike

• Administrator
On 9/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, Hartie Spence said:

I was wondering if this book didn’t get pressed because it was assessed as too risky. That would be fine, except they still charged me the full price for pressing and grading. I’m going to include some pictures through the slab that show the book obviously wasn’t pressed.

We did indeed reject it as being too risky. But it appears the book made it to you before accounting adjusted your fees. We’ll get the pressing fee on this book reversed asap.

Mike

On 9/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, CGC Mike said:

We did indeed reject it as being too risky. But it appears the book made it to you before accounting adjusted your fees. We’ll get the pressing fee on this book reversed asap.

Mike

So if one just sends a book to ccs for pressing and oh could you also take a spine roll out as part of the same fee for service?  

• Administrator
On 9/6/2022 at 7:58 PM, Topnotchman said:

I’m not reading it anywhere, I’m interpreting the original poster.  Hence my question to mike if this exists. 

Let me get an official response from CCS for you.

Mike

• Administrator
On 9/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, Topnotchman said:

I didn't know pressing and spine roll removal was built into the same service.  Should be a separate function as it is a separate function from pressing.   Compared to pressing, the risk of a cover or centerfold coming loose is significant.  

Spine roll removal is included in our pressing service.  As seen in this thread, we do evaluate a book, and reject it if we feel it is too risky.  

On 9/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, CGC Mike said:

Mike

Mike, I appreciate you looking into it. Thanks for getting it taken care of!

On 9/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, Topnotchman said:

So if one just sends a book to ccs for pressing and oh could you also take a spine roll out as part of the same fee for service?  

With that book specifically, the main reason I sent it in for pressing was to have the spine roll removed.

I had done a lot of googling and then called to confirm with customer service to make sure that spine roll was actually something that was taken care of as part of the pressing process.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:08 AM, CGC Mike said:

Spine roll removal is included in our pressing service.  As seen in this thread, we do evaluate a book, and reject it if we feel it is too risky.  

White pages. Staples appear solid. Where is the risk here? This does not jive to me.

• Administrator
On 9/10/2022 at 1:39 AM, PovertyRow said:

White pages. Staples appear solid. Where is the risk here? This does not jive to me.

I have not seen the book in person so, I have no idea.  I was only told it was rejected by CCS.