• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Donruss Marvel Super Heroes #49 Incredible Hulk Question
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I noticed that there appears to be 3 different Incredible Hulk #49 cards... 1. The words "Whoom Thuum" are all colored in yellow.  2. The words "Whoom Thuum" are partially colored yellow. and 3. The words "Whoom Thuum" are partially colored yellow and the door is colored purple and grey.  Is one more desirable than the others to get graded?  Thanks.

C.jpeg

g.jpeg

p.jpeg

I don’t know more than anyone else but have you looked at eBay to check pictures and see if there’s any difference in the descriptions for pictures that match your cards?

or are there any other differences on the backs of the cards?

No differences on the back of the cards.  No description differences on Ebay, other than someone listing "no yellow variation."  I now think the partially colored words in yellow are errors; however, there are more of the aforementioned cards on Ebay than the fully colored words... Perhaps I have it backwards.

Thanks for the replies... I have one more question about the 1966 Marvel Donruss cards.  Would it be best to get these cards sub-graded or not? Considering their age, and manufacturing techniques of the time.   

On 9/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, Brain said:

Thanks for the replies... I have one more question about the 1966 Marvel Donruss cards.  Would it be best to get these cards sub-graded or not? Considering their age, and manufacturing techniques of the time.   

I daresay there’s a good chance you’ll be setting the trends as possibly the first submitter of these cards.  So it’s hard to know.  

I submitted two cards for subgrades that are in Grading/Quality Control at the moment.  Sending in another 10 next week, but I'm not sure if I should continue with subgrades.  I might... I will also submit for a Donruss Marvel Registry.