• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, Thedarkspider said:

Noticed that Todds name appears when submitting something for a cgc private signing. Is this known or did this leak a bit early?

Yeah a facilitator announced a signing a few weeks ago. Seemed likely CGC would be involved 

What do you guys think? Would it be weird to have Todd sign Image Zero with the hopes of getting all 7 original founders to sign it through CGC? A book with all 7 verified sigs seems like it would be valuable. It could end up being the only one. Though it might take a long time to actually become really valuable. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, comicginger1789 said:

If I submit a book to also be pressed by CCS, will they guarantee it is done in time for the signing? Or because I selected it with this signing event, are they guaranteeing it will be pressed in time for the signing?

I only ask because I know CSS is super slow

If you select pressing when you submit your order for the signing, the signing will occur first, then pressing, then grading, then encapsulation.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:16 AM, waynemel said:

If you select pressing when you submit your order for the signing, the signing will occur first, then pressing, then grading, then encapsulation.

Thanks...so likely to still be a lengthy return then as it would be waiting on CCS. Good to know!

On 9/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

I have never participated in a CGC in-house signing event...Can you specify the ink choices for signatures or do you just get what you get?

Yes you can but it is hit or miss.  On the window bag you create, on the painter tape, write down the color you would like.  They may do it or they may not.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

I have never participated in a CGC in-house signing event...Can you specify the ink choices for signatures or do you just get what you get?

I have specified the colour and been accommodated most of the time.  The last Jim Lee signatures were done in silver as asked.  The last Chris Claremont books I had signed were all done in the colour specified except for one book that looks like he signed with a regular pen for some strange reason.

I would advise you to be specific on not only the colour but the location of the signature.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:25 AM, LudaToke said:

I have specified the colour and been accommodated most of the time.  The last Jim Lee signatures were done in silver as asked.  The last Chris Claremont books I had signed were all done in the colour specified except for one book that looks like he signed with a regular pen for some strange reason.

I would advise you to be specific on not only the colour but the location of the signature.

Perfect. Thanks everyone!

On 9/7/2022 at 8:48 AM, iggykoopa said:

$120 per signature... ouch.

inflation, the price of ink has skyrocketed :flipbait:

in all seriousness, I know Todd's time is worth money and that he spends full days at CGC's facility signing but I'm sure he is treated pretty well 

$120 up from $89 from the 2020 CGC private signing seems a bit much

someone will be making bank on this

On 9/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

inflation, the price of ink has skyrocketed :flipbait:

in all seriousness, I know Todd's time is worth money and that he spends full days at CGC's facility signing but I'm sure he is treated pretty well 

$120 up from $89 from the 2020 CGC private signing seems a bit much

someone will be making bank on this

I was wondering how much it was last time. I thought it was $75 so I guess up from $89 is a little bit better..? But still, yea, they're definitely cashing in on this.

I have a stack of 7 books that I've been holding onto in anticipation for this signing but I'm not so sure now. Maybe 1-2 instead of the whole stack. $120 is a tough pill to swallow.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, iggykoopa said:

I was wondering how much it was last time. I thought it was $75 so I guess up from $89 is a little bit better..? But still, yea, they're definitely cashing in on this.

I have a stack of 7 books that I've been holding onto in anticipation for this signing but I'm not so sure now. Maybe 1-2 instead of the whole stack. $120 is a tough pill to swallow.

What books are on your list to choose from?

I'm thinking of Detective 576-578, ASM 298-300 and Hulk 340 but that is 7 books as well and quite pricey once you total it up.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:58 AM, Kerdese said:

What do you guys think? Would it be weird to have Todd sign Image Zero with the hopes of getting all 7 original founders to sign it through CGC? A book with all 7 verified sigs seems like it would be valuable. It could end up being the only one. Though it might take a long time to actually become really valuable. 

Great question.
Go for it.
I have a multi-sig image book featuring ALL the current 'presidents' and could never figure out a proper value for insurance purposes.

Image United #1 MANY signatures.jpg