• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2022 at 8:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I noticed that too, and the "bigger negative space, bigger signature?" 

Threw me off, if I was able to send a blank for a spawn book or whatever,.would the sig have been comic book size? 

I also get that he's THE artist on most, but it made me squint. He probably feels the same way about it, we meet in the middle and here we are! Hahahahahahahaha 😂

If there's no window bag and it's a large negative space like a blank cover, he'd probably sign it larger but not occupy the whole cover. I suppose he would use his best judgment. He's signed those blank covers in the past large enough to occupy maybe a quarter of the cover. Sometimes in those cases, he draws an extra little line coming down from one of the letters (like a webbing string) with the little spider at the end.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:00 PM, ak47po said:

AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-1-TODD-MCFARLANE-ORIGINAL-ART-SKETCH-CGC-SIGNATURE-SERIES-9-8-01-lmk.jpg.4f8397ecce434460d0179d4499932919.jpg

On 12/6/2022 at 8:30 PM, MGsimba77 said:

If there's no window bag and it's a large negative space like a blank cover, he'd probably sign it larger but not occupy the whole cover. I suppose he would use his best judgment. He's signed those blank covers in the past large enough to occupy maybe a quarter of the cover. Sometimes in those cases, he draws an extra little line coming down from one of the letters (like a webbing string) with the little spider at the end.

That's actually not a bad trade off for a "sketch by McFarlane!"

I meant more sarcastically, that I don't think people are "choosing books to be signed due to how much 'negative space' for a bigger signature " but I get the point.

If I want a certain book signed, I'm sure it comes down to its my book, "please do it the way I'd like". Not hating on any artist as it is their right to decline or speak preferences I guess lol

Just it shouldn't hurt to ask? Haha 

What I was really thinking is that, he's explaining in a video, "of why some people will have their sigs done in a different spot and or that they were taken out of the windo bag to be signed in the appropriate place"

You know, I meant bigger picture type stuff down the pike lol

Tbh I sent in a slab, so cgc had to window bag.

I didn't try to designate a color of marker, cause however unlikely I didn't want to test anyones patience lol

So I'm going to be surprised as anyone however it turns out 😜

Hopeful, but more hopeful that my 9.6 turns 9.8! I just wanted the bookend as a signature. I sent ASM #301 2nd gen label and already have #298 in blue :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/6/2022 at 7:14 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I sent him a page not a book. Last page of ASM 299. Nice empty parking space on the upper right section of the page👍

I did the same thing!  I sent in the last page of #299 and #298!  There are a ton of signed #298 and #299.  But the meat and potatoes are only the last pages!  And the art on these last pages are way cooler than the cover art.  Can’t wait to see how it comes back!

Also sent in just the cover for Batman #423, 2nd print.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:41 PM, Comixroc said:

I did the same thing!  I sent in the last page of #299 and #298!  There are a ton of signed #298 and #299.  But the meat and potatoes are only the last pages!  And the art on these last pages are way cooler than the cover art.  Can’t wait to see how it comes back!

Also sent in just the cover for Batman #423, 2nd print.

Is 298 the page with the symbiote covering Eddie Brock's arm? I think it's him looking in the mirror or lifting weights becoming enraged then in a separate smaller panel it's the arm and symbiote. Where exactly did you request the signature if you did window bag it?

Edited by MGsimba77

On 12/6/2022 at 10:48 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Is 298 the page with the symbiote covering Eddie Brock's arm? I think it's him looking in the mirror or lifting weights becoming enraged then in a separate smaller panel it's the arm and symbiote. Where exactly did you request the signature if you did window bag it?

Correct!  The panel where you only see Eddie’s silhouette.  I window bagged part of the silhouette and the prior panel of the outside building.  It’s a small window.  Should look fantastic… we’ll see…

On 12/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, rexinnih said:

That was cool. Thanks for sharing. 

I have a hard time getting facebook vids to show up on the boards, so Kudos to @ak47po for putting in, I assume, some WORK ^^ 

This is my first time submitting anything to CGC for signing and was a little nervous since my order wasn't checked in, but now it's checked in and being sent for grading!!
Now, I hope my 9.8s don't come back lower. (sent slabbed 9.8s and didn't get pressing because I figured "they already graded it 9.8 once, they wouldn't downgrade it"... *pray for me*)

Oh, I’m so excited!! This SS event is my first submission to CGC. Sent two books - Spawn 228 and Batman 423. I requested a Remarque on the Batman, just to fill in the missing color on the upper-left side of moon behind Batman (around 10 o’clock) . It started driving me crazy once I noticed it. It’s even outlined.  My fingers are crossed SO hard that he grants my request. 🤞🤞🤞 I wonder if that will be a unique Remarque? 🤔

806C2743-BE8C-480A-921D-30C74BDB6254.thumb.jpeg.13a3652218a3fe3c431663b245fa52d0.jpeg