• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

Posted earlier about a sub received by CGC on 10/20 that still hasn't been logged in (Today makes 28 days). Was told by a rep that having submissions that were received after mine be logged into the system before mine was normal so much for first come first served. Does anyone else have a sub that was received around mine that has not been logged in yet?

On 12/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, Eddiebrock147 said:

Posted earlier about a sub received by CGC on 10/20 that still hasn't been logged in (Today makes 28 days). Was told by a rep that having submissions that were received after mine be logged into the system before mine was normal so much for first come first served. Does anyone else have a sub that was received around mine that has not been logged in yet?

My 3 comics were received 10/27 and still not checked in.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, Kerdese said:

"Good news. My Spider-man 1 never showed as received, but today it popped up and is scheduled to be graded.  "

Mine too ??? it seems my Graded books are scheduled for grading? i wonder if that means they are cracking them or are they signed?? 

my Ungraded ones still say Received at CCS

im guessing this is the default status for taking them out of the slabs... 

On 12/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, Eddiebrock147 said:

Send in a handful of books (3 raw and 2 slabbed) for the signing, which were delivered on 10/25. Just got an email from CGC and CCS acknowledging receipt of my books. Like others have said, they are a bit behind, but they'll likely show soon.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:16 PM, CGC Mike said:

Regarding the hologram covering the custom label for the McFarlane SS books:

CGC got on this immediately. We have requested new labels be printed and rushed. We are hoping to have labels within a week, although Thanksgiving may affect this. All in-house books that have not been sent out are being held for the new labels. If a customer already received a book with the hologram covering the label, the best course of action is to reach out to the Sig Team and they will happily send Mechanical Error instructions so this can be fixed. Signatureseries@cgccomics.com 

This issue is only happening on the McFarlane scroll label, the Spawn label is good to go.

Do you know if the updated labels were delivered? 

On 11/30/2022 at 5:47 PM, ak47po said:

Where the two books both signed on 10/5/22?  Is Spawn #1 being pressed?

Spawn #1 was sent in the same submission/box. Asm 300 was the only one done with pressing service.

Spawn #1 is still in the scheduled for grading queue. no clue when it got signed.

i also selected the custom label for it and its a direct edition. Hopen for 9.8 or 9.6 on it, as the book was in great shape. Never read, i only opened it before sending to check the inside. Have another copy loose that i read and flipped through over the years.

The one i sent was my "keep it mint" copy

Edited by ShaggyB
additional info

On 12/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will check.

Looks like mine is part of your label issue in that a portion of it is covered.

Not sure i want to part with it for a fix though. Expensive book to insure and send now

On 12/1/2022 at 3:58 PM, Kendawg11 said:

Mine too ??? it seems my Graded books are scheduled for grading? i wonder if that means they are cracking them or are they signed?? 

my Ungraded ones still say Received at CCS

im guessing this is the default status for taking them out of the slabs... 

Ccs is the pressing service. Where you having it pressed?

Also they regrade after removing slab... but it should be signed before that as it goes grade and then reslab, then quality control and then ship.

• Administrator
On 12/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, ShaggyB said:

Looks like mine is part of your label issue in that a portion of it is covered.

Not sure i want to part with it for a fix though. Expensive book to insure and send now

You can send it in under a mechanical error.  After you complete the submission form, we will send you a prepaid shipping label.  We will also pay the return shipping.  Be sure to write ME on the box in several spots.  Also, write the reason for the ME on the packing slip.  (hologram covering custom label)

On 12/2/2022 at 9:32 AM, CGC Mike said:

You can send it in under a mechanical error.  After you complete the submission form, we will send you a prepaid shipping label.  We will also pay the return shipping.  Be sure to write ME on the box in several spots.  Also, write the reason for the ME on the packing slip.  (hologram covering custom label)

Again not sure i want to part with it for that.

what kind of turn arround time is associated with it?

Am i still required to be home to sign for it, as thats a huge pain?

• Administrator
On 12/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, ShaggyB said:

Again not sure i want to part with it for that.

what kind of turn arround time is associated with it?

Am i still required to be home to sign for it, as thats a huge pain?

ME's are prioritized.  I believe you would have to sign for the return package.

• Administrator
On 12/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, ShaggyB said:

Do you have any idea the insurance coverage on the shipments and the entire time of turnaround?

It might be in your best interest to start a thread in the Ask CGC forum.  Someone from Customer service checks in every business day.  Here is a link.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/23-ask-cgc/