• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/5/2022 at 8:41 AM, 850chris said:

My McFarlane submission (2 books) was received by CCS around 9/23 and eventually moved to Scheduled for Grading 11/1. Just looked and saw it's now marked as G/E/I. I thought mine didn't make the NYCC batch. Maybe it did? Does CCS typically press before or after a book is signed?

I believe the book gets pressed after it has been signed.  @MattM CS Can you confirm this?

• Administrator

Hello,

Books are signed first and then sent to pressing. At this time, our system does not have a status to communicate books have not yet been signed. Once they have been, your order will continue through the submission process. In the case of your order, this was signed on 10/05/22 and is going through the grading process. Thank you for your patience. 

On 12/5/2022 at 7:41 AM, 850chris said:

My McFarlane submission (2 books) was received by CCS around 9/23 and eventually moved to Scheduled for Grading 11/1. Just looked and saw it's now marked as G/E/I. I thought mine didn't make the NYCC batch. Maybe it did? Does CCS typically press before or after a book is signed?

I see there is another page of replies, so it may have been answered but press always happens after :cheers: 

On 12/5/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ladic said:

my books show a received 11/22/22 and i shpped them out to cgc on 11/7/22, does anyone when the next signing for McFarlane is? it looks like they are getting him to sign in batches.

Did you mean you submitted to this event and it got logged into the system 11/22, or did it actually arrive at CGC on 11/22? If yours arrived by the 11/11 deadline, you should be good. I think a lot of folks are still waiting for their submissions to be logged.

Not sure if you're asking when the next McFarlane event or when this upcoming one is starting, but people are speculating this signing will be done in batches or over multiple days (which makes sense with the high number of submissions) some time in December. A lot of people who submitted early were able to get theirs signed in October when he was at NYCC. 

Edited by 850chris

On 12/5/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ladic said:

my books show a received 11/22/22 and i shpped them out to cgc on 11/7/22, does anyone when the next signing for McFarlane is? it looks like they are getting him to sign in batches.

the people receiving them already are books that CGC brought with to New York Comicon where Todd signed some …. the remaining will be signed sometime this month when Todd travels to CGC in FL to sign in house …. this will take p,ace over multiple days and possibly (though not probable) multiple visits depending on what the submission volume was

On 12/1/2022 at 2:32 PM, Eddiebrock147 said:

Posted earlier about a sub received by CGC on 10/20 that still hasn't been logged in (Today makes 28 days). Was told by a rep that having submissions that were received after mine be logged into the system before mine was normal so much for first come first served. Does anyone else have a sub that was received around mine that has not been logged in yet?

Mine was picked up from their USPS Post Office box a few days after yours and also has not been logged yet.

On 11/21/2022 at 11:53 PM, maz25 said:

I included 4 Marvy deco paint pens, each pen factory sealed, with requests for color on each comic.  The pens can be used until the ink is gone on other submissions (hoping if this happens per request, as long as the staff takes proper care and time for the sigs to properly dry).  Paint pens pop so much more than the boring sharpies on everything in the history of sigs. This is not rocket science.

What are my chances?  One in one-million?

Are these the pens where the paint or ink doesn't cure all the way?

On 12/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, Skippeydoo said:

Mine was picked up from their USPS Post Office box a few days after yours and also has not been logged yet.

At least others are in the same boat as I am so that helps a little bit lol. Today marks the 31st business day that they have received my books and not logged them in. Still sucks that people sent theirs in after mine and got logged in before me. In case anyone hasn't seen the first round of signing has started today. Todd said that he would be coming back after the holidays to finish up. 

• Administrator
On 12/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, MGsimba77 said:

@CGC Mike any word on the scroll labels yet? I only ask because my submission is being encapsulated now and would want to know which version I should expect. 

Thanks for your efforts. 

If you are referring to the hologram covering the custom label, we now have the new labels in hand.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:37 PM, CGC Mike said:

If you are referring to the hologram covering the custom label, we now have the new labels in hand.

Yes I'm referring to the scroll label that had to be corrected. Hopefully they're using the new ones now. Otherwise hoping it won't be necessary to print out another submission form in the event I get the obscured version and need to send back.