• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2022 at 1:17 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

fuzzy indeed, the signing was not limited to Spawn books only

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

Funny how in 2019 the TAT was three weeks instead of the six they have today. 

BTW this is what I was thinking of from last year....

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=9331& 

Edited by MGsimba77

I have a Batman 423 not graded that I had Jim Starlin Sign at a convention years ago, if I send it for Todd Sig, will it come back green/yellow label? or can they do yellow label and for Jims sig just say, name written on cover like I've seen them do for other comics?

On 9/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, Ladic said:

I have a Batman 423 not graded that I had Jim Starlin Sign at a convention years ago, if I send it for Todd Sig, will it come back green/yellow label? or can they do yellow label and for Jims sig just say, name written on cover like I've seen them do for other comics?

Um green yellow for sure, name on cover if it's legible I think, but it would still be green yellow I think; unless, you want the extra non witnessed signature to affect the grade.

My concensus 

Excuse my ignorance, but this is my first SS Submission. I am sending 2 copies of Hulk 340 and 1 ASM 300 and am wondering about the time frame. I opted for the CCS pressing so I have a TAT of 8 weeks, my question is when does that begin? does it start now or on Nov 11 (the cut off date)

Thanks in advance for any info

On 9/26/2022 at 9:19 AM, Hanq said:

Excuse my ignorance, but this is my first SS Submission. I am sending 2 copies of Hulk 340 and 1 ASM 300 and am wondering about the time frame. I opted for the CCS pressing so I have a TAT of 8 weeks, my question is when does that begin? does it start now or on Nov 11 (the cut off date)

It can start anytime after the cut off date, as that is when to have books "in" by, but CGC doesn't ever disclose when it "will" happen... only after it does or sometimes during if it ends up taking a while with a lot of books, will they post on social that it is happening.

I'd expect with McFarlane and him being a "showman" of sorts, you'll hear on Facebook and others that the signing is happening. It won't until after the cut off date, but will probably be a couple of weeks after that :cheers: 

On 9/26/2022 at 7:19 AM, Hanq said:

Starts clock after the signing.  Of which the date is not yet disclosed, but will obviously be some number of weeks/months after the cutoff date.  Most signings seem to be 6-10 weeks after the cutoff date, some even later than that

if need them back within 2-3 months after the submission cutoff date, I recommend not submitting.  

On 9/26/2022 at 10:19 AM, Hanq said:

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, November 11, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, November 11, 2022.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

**Due to extremely high demand, we expect this signing will occur over the course of at least a few months. Submissions will be signed by Todd McFarlane on a first-come, first-served basis. Later submissions may experience long turnaround times. As always, turnaround times are not guaranteed.

Has anyone had their McFarlane submissions received by CGC/CCS yet? They used to provide the number of days it took to be received after delivery on the TAT page, but that disappeared recently (what happened to that btw?), so I don't know when to expect to see it listed. Historically, my SS submissions, with the initials of the comic book creator all over the box, have usually been received within a week or so, but I'm going on 3+ weeks without any indication on this one, although I can confirm it was delivered with their tracking number tool (which is a great feature). Anyone else see theirs yet?

On 9/26/2022 at 4:06 PM, J Bill said:

Has anyone had their McFarlane submissions received by CGC/CCS yet? They used to provide the number of days it took to be received after delivery on the TAT page, but that disappeared recently (what happened to that btw?), so I don't know when to expect to see it listed. Historically, my SS submissions, with the initials of the comic book creator all over the box, have usually been received within a week or so, but I'm going on 3+ weeks without any indication on this one, although I can confirm it was delivered with their tracking number tool (which is a great feature). Anyone else see theirs yet?

You can call, but I agree it's been a minute for you. Did you write initials of the signing person on all sides of the box? That ensures its opened straight away, but if it shows delivery tracking on TAT page, they'll eventually get to it!

This is why there is a buffer between having them in by and the actual signing.

I noticed estimates for package opening went away, I assumed they were caught up. Delivery tracking is the main thing, you should be good. Call though, especially if the initial weren't written

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/26/2022 at 4:06 PM, J Bill said:

I sent in a couple books early last week and it was received and logged in the system ("received at CSS") late in the week.

On 9/27/2022 at 7:21 AM, 850chris said:

I sent in a couple books early last week and it was received and logged in the system ("received at CSS") late in the week.

I just called them and they said CCS has had it since 9/14, thankfully. Strange that others are seeing it in their submissions sent later, but we all know CGC works in mysterious ways...

On 9/30/2022 at 11:39 AM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Anyone know of the color ink that will be available?  I presume the usual black & white, but will bronze, gold, silver be available for this signing?

no we don’t know

you can search for past SS books to give you a good idea

you can indicate a preference on your window bag but there is no guarantee that it will be honored

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 9/30/2022 at 8:18 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:
On 9/30/2022 at 11:39 AM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Anyone know of the color ink that will be available?  I presume the usual black & white, but will bronze, gold, silver be available for this signing?

no we don’t know

you can search for past SS books to give you a good idea

you can indicate a preference on your window bag but there is no guarantee that it will be honored

Ya I missed that, could be, but usually he has so much clarification, McFarlane does, in his video advertising.

I know it is pinned to the top of the cgc Facebook page, or it seems that way, I haven't watched it in a minute lol

I really should rewatch, just to get the blood flowing haha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM