• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2022 at 3:22 PM, ak47po said:

Todd McFarlane will NOT sign any of these books during the CGC In-House Private Signing: Venom #1 Color Variant Cover, Venomverse #1 B&W Variant, Venomverse #1 Color, Venom #6 Color Variant Edition, Spawn Retailer Thank You Variant. TODD WILL NOT SIGN ANY PARODY COVERS. He will only sign books and characters he has worked on.

Cool... but I asked if anyone knew why.  LOL

Quick question for everyone as I am new to the grading side of books.

I have a spawn 1 I got signed back in the day at my local con, can I submit this book for the upcoming Todd signing and request him sign over his previous signature done on the book to get a yellow label? If not what would be some suggestions for this beautiful book I own.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:24 AM, Yaku said:

I have a spawn 1 I got signed back in the day at my local con, can I submit this book for the upcoming Todd signing and request him sign over his previous signature done on the book to get a yellow label? If not what would be some suggestions for this beautiful book I own.

You can send it for the signing and get yellow/green label, as in, if you send in for the signing that sig will be witnessed, but the older one will still be there.

McFarlane won't "sign over the old" to just have yellow label, but if you send it, it'll have two sigs, one yellow and witnessed and one green and qualified. No harm no foul. Easy enough to do, to have you're signed book with a story with it and have it slabbed.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/3/2022 at 8:24 AM, Yaku said:

Just get a new unsigned Spawn 1 and have that signed. I don't know what makes your current book "beautiful" but it'd be better to own 2 with one of them a true yellow label.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:47 PM, bobotski said:

Just get a new unsigned Spawn 1 and have that signed. I don't know what makes your current book "beautiful" but it'd be better to own 2 with one of them a true yellow label.

have you tried to find an unsigned Spawn #1?
not so easy :nyah:

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 10/4/2022 at 2:03 AM, catch21 said:

Why would you put $400 on the ASM 300?

Different comics are worth different amounts at different grades. 
ASM 300 isn’t like Amazing Fantasy 15, worth thousands of dollars in every grade.

in some grades, the comic is worth more than $400, in some grades less than $400.  In some grades, around $400.  

In-House signings are a SET PRICE no matter the value of the book. Had a customer submit a TMNT #1 first print for Eastman and it just came back a 9.8. 

They do to adjust the fees for in-HOUSE events. 

Just got some information back today about the McFarlane signing from CGC customer service. A little too late for me as I sent my books off yesterday, but hopefully it answers some questions some may have.

Thank you for your email, we do ask that you submit graded books with window bags,  However, if one is not sent we can provide one for the signing.  Also, you can request different colored ink, but it is up to the Artists discretion,  We currently have Blue, Black, Red, Pink, Yellow, Brown and Megento.

Does anyone know what color Megento is? A cross between Magneto and Magenta maybe?

For the insane amount of comics and cards Todd has to sign, will the signing start sometime between 9/6/22 & 11/11/22 or after 11/11/22 until all items are signed?

There's no way he can sign all in one day or even week. Does Todd make several trips to CGC during this time to get everything signed?

This guy did some calculations on how many books signed and how much Todd made $$$ from his last signing.

Edited by ak47po

On 10/6/2022 at 5:42 AM, ak47po said:

Does Todd make several trips to CGC during this time to get everything signed?

This guy did some calculations on how many books signed and how much Todd made $$$ from his last signing.

And yet here we are  giving him all our money.

I'm pretty sure he makes multiple trips to Sarasota, with CGC more than happy to pay for all his first class accommodations while there.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:15 PM, alarment said:

Does anyone know if Todd has already started signing?  I sent in 5 books, but one isn't getting pressed, and is showing scheduled for grading? 

image.thumb.png.de53ddf3191e6f9e218844c5ffaa6e49.png

Check Cgc or Todd’s social media

On 10/7/2022 at 2:15 PM, alarment said:

Does anyone know if Todd has already started signing?  I sent in 5 books, but one isn't getting pressed, and is showing scheduled for grading? 

image.thumb.png.de53ddf3191e6f9e218844c5ffaa6e49.png

No that's what it shows under tracking for received....

Cgc doesn't have a actual "received" designation anymore, received at ccs and sfg is same difference just different company and or departments 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/4/2022 at 7:37 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Just got some information back today about the McFarlane signing from CGC customer service. A little too late for me as I sent my books off yesterday, but hopefully it answers some questions some may have.

Thank you for your email, we do ask that you submit graded books with window bags,  However, if one is not sent we can provide one for the signing.  Also, you can request different colored ink, but it is up to the Artists discretion,  We currently have Blue, Black, Red, Pink, Yellow, Brown and Megento.

Does anyone know what color Megento is? A cross between Magneto and Magenta maybe?

I'm surprised they don't list silver and gold as these two colors seem to be the go to choice for dark covers. I imagine there will be a lot of Spider-man #1 in the silver and gold variants that will submitted and the listed colors don't seem to be great options.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:59 PM, Vegas021 said:

I'm surprised they don't list silver and gold as these two colors seem to be the go to choice for dark covers. I imagine there will be a lot of Spider-man #1 in the silver and gold variants that will submitted and the listed colors don't seem to be great options.

I know, I was surprised as well the rep didn't list those colors I think they almost assume we know they should have those.  I mean why would you have Pink and Magenta, and not Silver or Gold?