• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2022 at 2:24 PM, fishbone said:

For $120, am I gonna get the full "Todd McFarlane" treatment, or the lazy "T. McFarlane" ?!  ???

The first few batches will get full signature. later he will speed up the process. many will get TBagg. Send my books really early hoping it's not my batch.  :wishluck:

• Administrator

For anyone that doesn't have their books logged into the system yet, this is what I was told:

We have so many submissions for that particular signing and a limited number of people that are logging those in that it is just taking much longer than normal.  As long as their orders show delivered before the cut off date then they shouldn't be concerned about it.  They will receive an email once the invoice is logged into the system.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:33 PM, CGC Mike said:

For anyone that doesn't have their books logged into the system yet, this is what I was told:

We have so many submissions for that particular signing and a limited number of people that are logging those in that it is just taking much longer than normal.  As long as their orders show delivered before the cut off date then they shouldn't be concerned about it.  They will receive an email once the invoice is logged into the system.

ty sir 

On 11/8/2022 at 4:32 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

I'm wondering if this is going to temporarly crash the Todd Sig market? I'm guilty too, sent in 10 books.  Thinking we may see more Spawn #1s signed than ever before.

Tbh in 2019? We all thought the same thing, it'll happen again, so I guess the point is, "I'll be back?"

Or till next time? I'm sure of the millions of Spawn, it'll affect the nth degree eventually lol

2f031173-2486-4eb4-9178-287a99a161af_text.gif

On 11/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To think McFarlane probably makes $20 at least per book. 50 books=$1000.

1000's or another zero = :flipbait:

Have you watched this video,  he does some rough calculation on Todd's 2019 signing on how many books where signed.

Edited by ak47po

On 11/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, ak47po said:

Have you watched this video,  he does some rough calculation on Todd's 2019 signing on how many books where signed.

Lol I can imagine. 

If cgc ever announces or releases the signed and by who census, then we'll know for sure! Unless it is documented somewhere in the video. :)

Cgc has, presumably, this info to my knowledge. @valiantman I think went over the ins and outs of the census, but people started asking a long time ago and specifically again after Stan Lee RIP

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/8/2022 at 5:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I can imagine. 

If cgc ever announces or releases the signed and by who census, then we'll know for sure! Unless it is documented somewhere in the video. :)

Cgc has, presumably, this info to my knowledge. @valiantman I think went over the ins and outs of the census, but people started asking a long time ago and specifically again after Stan Lee RIP

CGC does not report who has signed the books in the CGC Census. It might be possible to get a reasonable estimate by using GPAnalysis.  If GPAnalysis shows Signature Series sales for a particular book with about 80% of sales having Stan Lee (or Todd McFarlane), then it's possible the signature series CGC Census for that book is about 80% Stan Lee (or Todd McFarlane).

On 11/9/2022 at 7:54 AM, troy.division said:

I really wish CGC tracked whom signed what...

Oh, they track it, because you can see who signed what on the individual certification number lookup screen.  They just don't report it in the CGC Census... probably for logistical reasons. Signature Series needs 25 rows to report the count for each grade. If there are 5 different creators who have signed a book through the years, they'd need 25 rows for Signature Series totals, then 25 rows for the grades on Person A's signatures, 25 for Person B's, etc., then what about when both Person A and Person B have signed a few, that's 25 rows for that combo, and there are 120 combos possible so the CGC Census for Signature Series becomes thousands of rows of grades, counts, and signature combinations instead of 25 rows.

Problem... still unsolved.

On 11/9/2022 at 9:01 AM, valiantman said:

Oh, they track it, because you can see who signed what on the individual certification number lookup screen.  They just don't report it in the CGC Census... probably for logistical reasons. Signature Series needs 25 rows to report the count for each grade. If there are 5 different creators who have signed a book through the years, they'd need 25 rows for Signature Series totals, then 25 rows for the grades on Person A's signatures, 25 for Person B's, etc., then what about when both Person A and Person B have signed a few, that's 25 rows for that combo, and there are 120 combos possible so the CGC Census for Signature Series becomes thousands of rows of grades, counts, and signature combinations instead of 25 rows.

Very good to know.
Now we just need someone to create a bot to submit every possible certification number, scrape the data, and export into an excel file.
Then compile it into a searchable database based on 'signed by'.

Let's find out how many Stephen Kings or Robert Crumbs or George Lucas there are out there...

On 11/9/2022 at 8:01 AM, valiantman said:

Amen. That's what I was trying to have explained but I couldn't eloquently, so I tagged you 😂

When I said "cgc knows", I meant somewhere they have the info, but I didn't know how or why it was never sorted publicly. One can hope. But some do have a lot of ss on one book, convolutes things.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/9/2022 at 8:11 AM, troy.division said:

Very good to know.
Now we just need someone to create a bot to submit every possible certification number, scrape the data, and export into an excel file.
Then compile it into a searchable database based on 'signed by'.

Let's find out how many Stephen Kings or Robert Crumbs or George Lucas there are out there...

CGC has a flood limit on submitting certification numbers (to protect against bots scraping the data), so it would take roughly four to six years to be careful not to trigger the scraping flood limit and check all the certification numbers. lol

Edited by valiantman