• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Budget Sept. 2022 Edition

37 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Someone really wants these pages this year... they have been way outside of the normal price range of Kirby's other DC titles

That’s a fantastic page and right where I thought it would land. The Forever People page however at 13k was really nuts.

On 9/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Also, with so many pieces selling for $10K+ today, I think Morlock art is a huge misnomer.

Yes, but they belong in the other thread.

There was one piece I bid on. That was the Amy Reeder inked cover from Madam Xanadu, No. 9, which went for a bit more than I bid (or expected), without the BP, at $1,680. I already had 3 interior pages from the series, and one is better than the cover, which isn't particularly heart-stopping. Given past prices, and adding in the generic inflation in pricing over the last few years, it went for a bit higher than I would have expected (maybe $200-300)(without BP). Not too upset; I almost didn't bid on it all.

On 9/11/2022 at 5:45 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Does the Muppet Babies #2 complete story count as a Morlock win? After all, 21 pages for $3,600 is only $171.42 per page :roflmao:

I was really tempted to just get it. So, inexpensive for a complete Severin story and the content had all the Muppets cosplaying as Star Wars etc. characters. 

Gonzo as vader is worth the price of admission. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:33 PM, comix4fun said:

I was really tempted to just get it. So, inexpensive for a complete Severin story and the content had all the Muppets cosplaying as Star Wars etc. characters. 

Gonzo as vader is worth the price of admission. 

I didn't see the auction, but I think that's a good buy too.   Congrats KirbyCollector.

On 9/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Someone really wants these pages this year... they have been way outside of the normal price range of Kirby's other DC titles

They went for more than double what I expected. I was hoping to add more Kirby pages to my collection but at these prices I’m going to have to stick with the two that I have.