• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journals Exist! Go and Have a Look at Them 😎
3 3

60 posts in this topic

.....and for those that didn't already know, you can access a member's journal from their profile page, like so:

j8.thumb.PNG.5021965ba0290f8b15899d7726753bbb.PNG

https://boards.cgccomics.com/profile/46697-iconic1s/?tab=node_blog_blog

j9.thumb.PNG.057d624c545e6317795e5ae7bf91e40e.PNG

https://boards.cgccomics.com/profile/20763-sauce-dog/?tab=node_blog_blog

On 9/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, Shazbot said:

Never knew about those, thanks. Unfortunately none of the dropdown links in that Navigation group work for me. The galleries and calendar links work but the dropdowns are dead to my iPhone.☠️

That's a shame - there are a lot of glitches unfortunately. I'll add that to the list, if CGC Mike manages to get his meeting of the ground. In the meantime, jump on a desktop, Shaz, and have a search about when you next can. 

On 9/12/2022 at 8:25 AM, Shazbot said:

Never knew about those, thanks. Unfortunately none of the dropdown links in that Navigation group work for me. The galleries and calendar links work but the dropdowns are dead to my iPhone.☠️

Yea.  Never noticed them but they don't work anyway.  Which is fine.

On 9/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Yea.  Never noticed them but they don't work anyway.  Which is fine.

You're the third to mention not noticing them, so the thread is serving a purpose. They work after a fashion, and are well worth a visit Sigur. Don't let the fact that they're hiding, and have cranky software limitations, put you off :)

On 9/12/2022 at 9:01 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

You're the third to mention not noticing them, so the thread is serving a purpose. They work after a fashion, and are well worth a visit Sigur. Don't let the fact that they're hiding, and have cranky software limitations, put you off :)

Yea, I didn't mean to knock your thread. It definitely succeeded and will bring this to the attention of many others too. 👍

But I'm not sure what they are. I'm assuming they are basically just blogs from some members here.  

I'll look if they fix the link. 👌

In any case, it's nice being immortalized in your first image ;)

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 9/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Yea, I didn't mean to knock your thread. It definitely succeeded and will bring this to the attention of many others too. 👍

No worries, I didn't take it that way.

But I'm not sure what they are. I'm assuming they are basically just blogs from some members here.  

Yes, exactly that - personal blogs that members can create and share anything they want within forum guidelines. I use mine as a repository of key information relating to variants. Notwithstanding the navigation issues, the software has some really cool features.

I'll look if they fix the link. 👌

Then you'll likely never look lol

In any case, it's nice being immortalized in your first image ;)

You'll laugh, hopefully, but I always thought that was a bear piddling in the snow Boris2.thumb.png.41ab5769325c844eb0fd482a784289c2.png.66ec85866c082936fb8e10392aec1750.png

The old eyes aint that great, I'm afraid :eek:

If anyone is interested in the history of what used to be referred to as the 'new' journals, but which are now four years old and very much our old / current journals, have a read of this thread below from our old, much missed Administrator, Scott (now there was a guy who knew how to communicate with the members - "At Your Service"):

A word of caution - Don't rely on any of the navigation tips within it though, as many aspects are now out of date. What tends to happen over time, alas, is that Invision (the site software owners) make changes and they are not communicated to our CGC technical staff. The onus is on us usually therefore, to note what has changed, flag it to Admin and to try to do something about it. It's not a perfect world, is it....

On 9/12/2022 at 2:25 PM, Hibou said:

Thank you for the kind words! :)

You're welcome, Hibou. There's some cool stuff in your journals - if we can get a few more eyes on them, all the better. Bowie fans take note!

Thanks for posting the link to mine.
It has been therapeutic to sit down and write each week and recall the experiences that shaped my personal collection a book at a time.

There is going to be a length write up in about two months or so that details how acquiring my *unicorn* grail resulted in a complete lack of interest in comics (and not being able to be excited about events in real life) for quite some time.
Honestly, I'm not even sure any comic related item could bring me joy anymore...
That post will stray in to these topics that some other collectors may feel or have felt.

Edited by Troy.Division

On 9/12/2022 at 5:23 PM, Troy.Division said:

Thanks for posting the link to mine.
It has been therapeutic to sit down and write each week and recall the experiences that shaped my personal collection a book at a time.

There is going to be a length write up in about two months or so that details how acquiring my *unicorn* grail resulted in a complete lack of interest in comics (and not being able to be excited about events in real life) for quite some time.
Honestly, I'm not even sure any comic related item could bring me joy anymore...
That post will stray in to these topics that some other collectors may feel or have felt.

Sounds intriguing, Troy. Give us a nod when it lands....

I've been probably an above average visitor to the Journals and would echo the OP's praise for them, if not the formatting, etc.  It seems to me that they could be a real value to the site if some time and effort could be spent to make them more usable.  

I haven't looked at Journals in years, thanks for the reminder that they are there.