• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Spawn from Todd McFarlane and Greg Capullo 12/13/2022
1 1

104 posts in this topic

More Spawn DC cover appearances.

image_ca6f8da5-ee4a-46e8-9597-a40e0e2bf49e_1024x1024@2x.thumb.webp.c718001b6d9b5d3cac4936eab6cb79a8.webp 

DC SPAWN VARIANTS ULTIMATE 10-PACK NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER!!!

INCLUDES:

1- BATMAN #130 CVR G CLAY MANN DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VARIANT

1- CATWOMAN #50 CVR G DAVID MARQUEZ DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VARIANT

1- HARLEY QUINN #25 CVR F KAEL NGU DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VARIANT

1- JOKER THE MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #3 CVR F TONY DANIEL DC SPAWN VAR

1- NIGHTWING #99 CVR G JAVIER FERNANDEZ DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VARIANT

1- POISON IVY #7 CVR F DAVID NAKAYAMA DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VARIANT

1- SUPERMAN KAL-EL RETURNS SPECIAL #1 (ONE SHOT) CVR D DAN MORA DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VAR (DARK CRISIS)

1- SUPERMAN SON OF KAL-EL #18 CVR E RYAN SOOK DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VAR (KAL-EL RETURNS)

1- WILDCATS #2 CVR E BEN OLIVER DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VARIANT

1- WONDER WOMAN #794 CVR E JIM CHEUNG DC SPAWN CARD STOCK VARIANT

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/batman-spawn-todd-mcfarlane/1142680404?ean=9781779522818

Apparently there's a Batman/Spawn: The Deluxe Edition from Barnes & Nobel.

318346897_684637606362175_6322145404797523592_n.thumb.jpg.99a1c802639e7701471479832cbe05cd.jpg

318346897_684637606362175_6322145404797523592_n.jpg

Overview

Two of comics’ darkest characters cross paths again in the most anticipated comics event of the decade!

Batman and Spawn are two vigilantes of the night who avenge the innocent by their own methods. When sinister forces manipulate the Dark Knight and the Hellspawn into confronting each other, you can bet that there’ll be hell to pay when our heroes discover the truth and turn the tables on their would-be puppeteers.
This deluxe edition of the blockbuster event features the 2022 Batman/Spawn one-shot; 1994’s Batman/Spawn: War Devil #1 and Spawn/Batman #1; and a gallery of behind-the-scenes art from the new story and the original tales from the '90s.
Edited by ak47po

On 12/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, fastballspecial said:

I look forward to reading a copy in the $1 box in a few months. The print run is massive. 

What does that have to do with anything? I bought over 100 copies of Spiderman #1 (total of all versions) when they came out. Out of 4 I submitted to CGC I've pulled 2 9.8's and sold them for more than what it cost for all 100 of them.

I could say the same thing about ASM 298-300, New Mutants 87, 98 and 100 Batman Adventures 12, XMEN 200 - 221 and Spawn #1's. I've nearly paid for my entire collection on the multiples I bought of these books. In the 1980's I heard and read countless accounts that 80's books would be worthless. It's been proven wrong over and over again. 

On 12/14/2022 at 7:45 AM, mytastebud said:

What does that have to do with anything? I bought over 100 copies of Spiderman #1 (total of all versions) when they came out. Out of 4 I submitted to CGC I've pulled 2 9.8's and sold them for more than what it cost for all 100 of them.

I could say the same thing about ASM 298-300, New Mutants 87, 98 and 100 Batman Adventures 12, XMEN 200 - 221 and Spawn #1's. I've nearly paid for my entire collection on the multiples I bought of these books. In the 1980's I heard and read countless accounts that 80's books would be worthless. It's been proven wrong over and over again. 

I dont think this Spawn batman crossover book will have any importance like the books you mentioned above.  But maybe 40 years from now you can dump 100 copies for $10 each.  

On 12/14/2022 at 9:45 AM, mytastebud said:

It means exactly what I said it means. All wait till the book is in the $1 box to read it in a few months. The large print run will lead to glut as many are buying for incentives. They will dump their regular copies at shows for nothing.  I look forward to reading it. 

As far as the other stuff comparing today to buying in the 80s is a huge difference. I've never said a book in the 80s is worthless I buy them all the time in collection do well on them. That comparison however, is completely different than buying in the incentive market of today where books are bought just to reach the next incentive level. If you don't understand the difference you should probably just stop talking at this point. 

Apparently you seem to be projecting something on me that I didn't say at all. Never mentioned the 80s just mentioned the print run is massive and all read it for $1 in a few months. Its amazing you got all that from 2 sentences I said. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 12/14/2022 at 5:18 PM, fastballspecial said:

It means exactly what I said it means. All wait till the book is in the $1 box to read it in a few months. The large print run will lead to glut as many are buying for incentives. They will dump their regular copies at shows for nothing.  I look forward to reading it. 

As far as the other stuff comparing today to buying in the 80s is a huge difference. I've never said a book in the 80s is worthless I buy them all the time in collection do well on them. That comparison however, is completely different than buying in the incentive market of today where books are bought just to reach the next incentive level. If you don't understand the difference you should probably just stop talking at this point. 

Apparently you seem to be projecting something on me that I didn't say at all. Never mentioned the 80s just mentioned the print run is massive and all read it for $1 in a few months. Its amazing you got all that from 2 sentences I said. 

How many copies of Spiderman #1 did you buy? Read Overstreet's marketing report through the 1980's and early nineties see what is said about the Copper Age, heck even the Bronze Age. I also read the Comic Marketplace Wizard and other market reports that I could get my hands on.

You find this issue for $1/ea in higher grade let me know. :takeit:I will buy it all at $1 a piece, up to a 1000 copies (I did multiple times with sellers like Gary Dolgoff). Not gonna happen. UNSG2478.GIF.c804d86ade4b70cea93342d669429db5.GIFThe exact same thing was said when Spiderman #1 came out, except it was going to be in a 10 cent bin. High quality artwork great story (I hope), mass appeal equals.

No one says you have to buy it but bragging here you are getting it for nothing doesn't mean much. It also has no effect on how collectors will ultimately see this book. For me I could care less how well it does. I want to read it and enjoy it.2c

On 12/14/2022 at 7:53 PM, mytastebud said:

How many copies of Spiderman #1 did you buy? Read Overstreet's marketing report through the 1980's and early nineties see what is said about the Copper Age, heck even the Bronze Age. I also read the Comic Marketplace Wizard and other market reports that I could get my hands on.

You find this issue for $1/ea in higher grade let me know. :takeit:I will buy it all at $1 a piece, up to a 1000 copies (I did multiple times with sellers like Gary Dolgoff). Not gonna happen. The exact same thing was said when Spiderman #1 came out, except it was going to be in a 10 cent bin. High quality artwork great story (I hope), mass appeal equals.

No one says you have to buy it but bragging here you are getting it for nothing doesn't mean much. It also has no effect on how collectors will ultimately see this book. For me I could care less how well it does. I want to read it and enjoy it.2c

This book will be found in the dollar box for the next two to three decades. 

Anecdotal from today: stopped in an LCS that I knew got some mid- to high-grade silver age in. Went back in to see an FF 16 that I wanted to look more closely at (overgraded; I passed) but while I was examining it I noticed on the counter next to me a stack of the Fabok cover. Ask was $29.99 each.

On 12/14/2022 at 7:53 PM, mytastebud said:

You find this issue for $1/ea in higher grade let me know. :takeit:I will buy it all at $1 a piece, up to a 1000 copies (I did multiple times with sellers like Gary Dolgoff). Not gonna happen. UNSG2478.GIF.c804d86ade4b70cea93342d669429db5.GIFThe exact same thing was said when Spiderman #1 came out, except it was going to be in a 10 cent bin. High quality artwork great story (I hope), mass appeal equals.

Again with the 80s stuff? This argument has nothing to do with what I said and you keep repeating it. Its like you are broken
record on repeat. You realize at this point this really makes you look bad right?

Its not my problem you cant fathom people will dump this book. I will read it and enjoy it as well when I pay $1 for it.

Has Todd posted anything re: the number of 1:666s and 1:100s yet? That will give us an idea of how many stores qualified for the high level variants.

For a book that is supposed to have a massive print run, there are hardly any 1:1000s posted on eBay yet. I was expecting way more to be up by now based on all of the chatter about the print run.