• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NFT comic art sales
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2022 at 7:52 PM, Taylor G said:

Otherwise anybody can make another scan of the art, and since no two scans are the same, you can't claim exclusive ownership of [the COA for] the original art.

You are also building a public record of all transfers of the art.  That should go down well.

Note: I think NFT's are fine, but the market for them seems a bit inauthentic and fake. Nevertheless; the "providence" of an NFT matters. It's absolutely feasible for someone to make a duplicate of a piece of NFT art, but if it wasn't minted by the original creator, it doesn't have any value.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:46 AM, aqn83 said:

Note: I think NFT's are fine, but the market for them seems a bit inauthentic and fake. Nevertheless; the "providence" of an NFT matters. It's absolutely feasible for someone to make a duplicate of a piece of NFT art, but if it wasn't minted by the original creator, it doesn't have any value.

I think you mean provenance, not providence.

I'd argue it doesn't have much value either way, but I'm really bearish on these.   

NFT's, like most "collectibles", were white hot during peak pandemic. Not that I follow the NFT art market, but judging from the lack of chatter on social media concerning NFT's in 2022, I'd say the fad has already run its course. In 2020 and 2021, everyone was talking about NFTs. Blockchain stuff was the pandemic darling. I'm sure NFT art will continue to exist, but my impression is that the majority of interest that was generated in that collectible has faded from public consciousness.