• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any experience with Stelfreeze at cons?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hey folks, you have been so helpful to me with numerous things as I grow from a beginner hobbyist to a not quite intermediate collector.

My smallish Canadian city (Victoria) is getting Brian Stelfreeze at our relatively new con. 

We have never gotten an American artist of this magnitude before (and Cary Nord will also be there this year).

I'd like to check out Brian's table and see about some art or sketches, but I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

I know some artists offer quick free sketches, others offer priced sketches or discounts on blank cover pieces, and some will even do full priced commissions, while others will only sell prints... and all have their own preferences for interacting with readers.

We've even had some artists charge more for being at our smaller con... 

Has anyone been to Brian's table before at a show before? What was it like? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

And hey, have an awesome day!

On 9/15/2022 at 7:26 PM, AnkurJ said:

He is one of the nicest creators you will meet! Get there early, his list fills up fast.

He usually will offer quicker ink head sketches, and more elaborate painted pieces. Painted pieces start at $400. He often has some predone pieces for sale as well. 

Thank you!

Do you recall if he has a card reader? I'm not sure if he would accept Canadian cash. We have almost always had Canadian artists in the past.

On 9/15/2022 at 10:46 PM, babsrocks31 said:

Thank you!

Do you recall if he has a card reader? I'm not sure if he would accept Canadian cash. We have almost always had Canadian artists in the past.

He has taken paypal from me in the past. But I do recall he had a card reader at NYCC a few years ago.

On 9/15/2022 at 7:06 PM, babsrocks31 said:

Hey folks, you have been so helpful to me with numerous things as I grow from a beginner hobbyist to a not quite intermediate collector.

My smallish Canadian city (Victoria) is getting Brian Stelfreeze at our relatively new con. 

We have never gotten an American artist of this magnitude before (and Cary Nord will also be there this year).

I'd like to check out Brian's table and see about some art or sketches, but I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

I know some artists offer quick free sketches, others offer priced sketches or discounts on blank cover pieces, and some will even do full priced commissions, while others will only sell prints... and all have their own preferences for interacting with readers.

We've even had some artists charge more for being at our smaller con... 

Has anyone been to Brian's table before at a show before? What was it like? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

And hey, have an awesome day!

Brian has been in the Victoria area for awhile actually, so I'm sure he will take CAD (obviously with a conversion factor relative to US prices)

He might not have any pre-done sketches though.

Good luck

Malvin

On 9/15/2022 at 8:50 PM, malvin said:

Brian has been in the Victoria area for awhile actually, so I'm sure he will take CAD (obviously with a conversion factor relative to US prices)

He might not have any pre-done sketches though.

Good luck

Malvin

Thanks. That's interesting. Will have to ask him what lead him out this way.

I used to be on his list years ago, back when you had to be a member of his yahoo group or something and Robert curated the list. Brian said he really liked my idea but it never got done and I lost contact with the list. Good to know he is taking a list at shows, I may have to see what I can do to get in his line somewhere and get my idea done. (Nuff said)

Very friendly USA artist. If u bring him 2 or more of the same graphic novel or book to sign, he may do a free head sketch in the first graphic novel but sign both. Seems like Stelfreeze uses a gold or black felt Sharpie to sign. I don't recall him bringing published original comic art to last week's Vancouver HH con. Am impressed he is visiting Victoria and Vancouver, BC conventions.