• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchasing less due to poor stock market results
1 1

93 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

The stock market is already in one of its worst, if not outright worst, point drop ever, and we are witnessing only the early stages of this steep drop off.

How do you know? Would be great to see some facts instead of these assumptions. 

On 9/24/2022 at 6:55 PM, cstojano said:

As someone who mostly buys from UK artists directly I have to say the pound at 1.08 is something to behold.

As someone on the other end of the spectrum this really sucks. Have been fattening up for what could be a long hibernation away from making any larger purchases. A lot of people saw this coming and it spurred me on towards completing most of the goals I had in my head. Just three left to take down *fingers crossed*.

I'm just glad that I don't have any time payments, only a small piece on hold.

Looks like the artists over here who haven't already got a rep across the pond should seriously consider it.

On 9/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, oldwhy said:

How do you know? Would be great to see some facts instead of these assumptions. 

Since you disagree with my position, why don't you give me facts on why you do. I have stated many of the reasons why in the last couple of months on these boards. Look them up. If your smart, you'll stay out of stocks for the next long while. You'll thank me later. 

Edited by Humpty-Dumpty
Words

On 9/26/2022 at 4:59 AM, Garf said:
On 9/25/2022 at 1:55 AM, cstojano said:

As someone who mostly buys from UK artists directly I have to say the pound at 1.08 is something to behold.

As someone on the other end of the spectrum this really sucks. Have been fattening up for what could be a long hibernation away from making any larger purchases. A lot of people saw this coming and it spurred me on towards completing most of the goals I had in my head. Just three left to take down *fingers crossed*.

I'm just glad that I don't have any time payments, only a small piece on hold.

Looks like the artists over here who haven't already got a rep across the pond should seriously consider it.

It'd be a great time for European and British collectors to start selling in the US. :wishluck:

On 9/25/2022 at 5:04 PM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

Since you disagree with my position, why don't you give me facts on why you do. I have stated many of the reasons why in the last couple of months on these boards. Look them up. If your smart, you'll stay out of stocks for the next long while. You'll thank me later. 

You’re misunderstanding me. I don’t necessarily disagree with you, I was simply interested in your reasoning. I’ll let it go. 

On 9/25/2022 at 7:31 PM, oldwhy said:

You’re misunderstanding me. I don’t necessarily disagree with you, I was simply interested in your reasoning. I’ll let it go. 

You typed "these assumptions". That is the problem with the internet. Can't see the person facial expressions or body language, nor hear their voice intonations. And since we are all not writers or can just be going about things quickly ("your claims" would maybe have been a more accurate phrase re your core motivation) obviously your intentions were lost in translation. Peace. 

On 9/26/2022 at 11:27 PM, tth2 said:

Less than 2 months to go until The Auction That Signaled The Start Of The Great Crash!  

We don’t have to wait two months… The HA International OA auction ends Oct 2nd.

since everyone is saying this will be a global recession, we can fully expect the OA price crash to be reflected in this action.  Right? 😉

On 9/27/2022 at 5:38 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

since everyone is saying this will be a global recession, we can fully expect the OA price crash to be reflected in this action.  Right? 😉

No, but you may see a slowdown or pullback on the price of lesser pieces.

And since most people buy those lesser pieces, ... there could be some upcoming opportunities if you have the cash.

Let me add that those economic trends are likely to get better, coincidentally enough, just before the November elections (at least for a week or two).

Edited by Rick2you2

On 9/27/2022 at 7:13 AM, Rick2you2 said:

No, but you may see a slowdown or pullback on the price of lesser pieces.

And since most people buy those lesser pieces, ... there could be some upcoming opportunities if you have the cash.

Let me add that those economic trends are likely to get better, coincidentally enough, just before the November elections (at least for a week or two).

If so, then when will we see this global recession crash the OA market?

On 9/27/2022 at 5:38 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:
On 9/27/2022 at 11:27 AM, tth2 said:

Less than 2 months to go until The Auction That Signaled The Start Of The Great Crash!  

Not enough high profile pieces to provide convincing evidence that the market is crashing and burning. 

there's an awful lot of american art in there for what's supposed to be an international art auction.    I suppose international includes American but I understood it to be Euro comic art in this context, primarily.   Anyways, a lot of the usual suspects.

Edited by Bronty

On 9/27/2022 at 7:11 AM, Bronty said:

there's an awful lot of american art in there for what's supposed to be an international art auction.    I suppose international includes American but I understood it to be Euro comic art in this context, primarily.   Anyways, a lot of the usual suspects.

Looking at the list of upcoming comics and comic art auctions makes me think it is all AI generated and somewhat random. The poor Wednesdays are truly lost in a sea of listed thematic auctions now. 

On 9/27/2022 at 10:23 AM, cstojano said:

Looking at the list of upcoming comics and comic art auctions makes me think it is all AI generated and somewhat random. The poor Wednesdays are truly lost in a sea of listed thematic auctions now. 

Yeah.   I like the theme auctions to a point, but I think they are overdoing it a bit.