• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this the same book?
5 5

61 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 4:30 AM, CGC Mike said:

I only relay the messages.

I ask because it seems likely a crime may have been commited and you may not want to be the public face of a coverup. You might want to let the Big Boys handle this.

• Administrator
On 9/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, shadroch said:

I ask because it seems likely a crime may have been commited and you may not want to be the public face of a coverup. You might want to let the Big Boys handle this.

I will be posting any findings here in the thread.  It's part of my job.  Thanks for the concern, though.  

i sent in 2 copies of Teen Titans #2 in the same submission. One copy was clearly in better grade than the other but when they came back encapsulated the obviously lower grade book was in the slab with the higher grade assigned. 

It is clear to me that your Ultimate Fallout 4 is a different book.

On 9/22/2022 at 10:33 PM, Artboy99 said:

i sent in 2 copies of Teen Titans #2 in the same submission. One copy was clearly in better grade than the other but when they came back encapsulated the obviously lower grade book was in the slab with the higher grade assigned. 

I'm convinced this exact thing happened to me with ASM V.2 #36 (the 9/11 issue with the all-black cover).  I sent in two copies; the one with more visible spine tics got a 9.8; the one with fewer came back 9.6.  

glad to see it settled, I hope to OP's satisfaction :golfclap:

I hope we can get a statement at some point in the future to restore confidence. It doesn't have to be specific ("we are aware of the circumstances surrounding this book and have modified our processes to eliminate the chance of similar occurrences in the future") but this seems like sweeping it under the rug, but we still know it is there

On 9/21/2022 at 12:04 PM, arinya said:

Wow…great to see that CGC is actually paying attention. I have a different issue with the same book. I might make a post about it and see if it’s worth resending.

Other WOW too.  What a giant tell-tale!  This gives us a big glimpse of "what is going on with CGC/CCS" incident.

We should take the pictures of the books before submitting them.  Make sure all books are yours not theirs.

Edited by JollyComics

On 9/25/2022 at 10:53 AM, JollyComics said:

Other WOW too.  What a giant tell-tale!  This gives us a big glimpse of "what is going on with CGC/CCS" incident.

We should take the pictures of the books before submitting them.  Make sure all books are yours not theirs.

Absolutely. If the OP hadn't been so astute, he never would've known.

Show of hands - how many here think this is the first time something like this has happened?

Now another show of hands - how many here think that every time this has happened, the owner has caught it?

On 9/25/2022 at 10:07 AM, Gaard said:

Absolutely. If the OP hadn't been so astute, he never would've known.

Show of hands - how many here think this is the first time something like this has happened?

Now another show of hands - how many here think that every time this has happened, the owner has caught it?

Exactly, I am doing it right now.  Every time, I submitted my books.  Most of their grades are agreeable and few grades made me inside-down (I still wondered if those books were not mine).  I wanted to thank OP for making me thinking twice. CGC/CCS has been inconsistent since 2020 and I have to protect my investment and I DON'T pay for their inconsistency and mistakes.

There's only one thing we know for sure ... you didn't get the same book back.

CGC can say whatever they want (accidental, deliberate, or theft) and there's nothing to do but take them at their word. That's not to say you have to believe what they told you, but there's no way to prove otherwise. Seriously, why would they say anything other than what makes them look the least inept?

I'm glad they offered you something. Whatever it is they offered, I can tell by your post, it wasn't sufficient enough to make you happy ... and that should be their goal, imo.

A theft occured in house.  If CGC can't root out how it happened, it will happen again.  Does CGC care? I'm looking for the evidence they do, but all I'm seeing is them trying to make the situation go away quietly. 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Screenshot_20220917-093248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e842cf0380eeca94c96061b5ec9fce83.jpg

Only at CGC would this be a 9.6 ...

While so many of my 90's off-the-shelf, never opened, barely touched books get the same grade.

Just absurd :facepalm:

Imagine paying the 9.6 price for this turd :censored:

On 10/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Just absurd :facepalm:

Imagine paying the 9.6 price for this turd :censored:

Yeah, I missed this thread back when it happened and only found out about it on another comic site. Not only was the book replaced, there's no way that should be a 9.6.