• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERITAGE November comic and art auction
4 4

367 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2022 at 4:40 PM, Timely said:

Vince and I worked at cgc together for many years. He has a great collection, including ASM 39 pages and the 2 Wolverine concept pieces that John Romita drew up for Herb Trimpe to copy. Even back in 2010 Vince was thinking those were worth 200k or so. It will be interesting to see how much things go for.

Vince is a great guy. We talked for mamy years when I moved to So Cal. He told me about selling one of his ASM 39 pages to a dealer for a staggering amount of cash for that time to a dealer we all know at the SDCC.

Vince has a great eye for art. The pieces already mentioned but also he had a great DD vs Spider-Man page by Gene Colan. I’m glad he held on to most of his art. Always a friendly guy  His stuff is going to go for 💰 and I’m very happy for him. He’s one of the good guys.

🍇 🦍 

On 9/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, delekkerste said:

Oh right, heard that the Vince Oliva collection was consigned to Heritage recently (which is where this one is from). :fear: 

I think I remember this also being from the 1992 Christie’s art action that brought all Alex Schomburg art to market.

Edited by zhamlau

On 9/22/2022 at 4:36 PM, batman_fan said:

At that price level I know what house it WON’T be residing in :sorry:

Mind you I don't agree with that price but considering Albert has been trying to shift a Mister Miracle chapter splash for 55K, 75K for a DPS of pure Kirby crazy doesn't seem too far fetched

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 9/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Mind you I don't agree with that price but considering Albert has been trying to shift a Mister Miracle chapter splash for 55K, 75K for a DPS of pure Kirby crazy doesn't seem too far fetched

But no one has bought yet, correct?

On 9/22/2022 at 7:49 PM, Rick2you2 said:

But no one has bought yet, correct?

Correct but then again he did not have this on his site, only at shows, so it doesn't get a lot of eye traffic. The splash is nice and is the only one on the market right now containing Big Barda in costume. I would easily pay 10-15K for a MM Big Barda action panel page, so it isn't that crazy of an ask. 

On 9/23/2022 at 4:36 AM, batman_fan said:
On 9/23/2022 at 2:19 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Considering Demon pages have been going for 20K+, I believe this has a nice shot at 75K

At that price level I know what house it WON’T be residing in :sorry:

If you're lucky, the market will have crashed by then.