• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERITAGE November comic and art auction
4 4

367 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2022 at 4:27 PM, batman_fan said:

Bargain of the auction

1952 Peanuts Daily, Charlie Brown golfing, really nice one.  I was stuck in a meeting and couldn’t bid :cry:  I would have said $40k was the floor on this one.

141D128B-E5DC-49A8-BC93-225EA7416C96.jpeg

I noticed that.    I hovered hard on that button even though I was very much not looking to spend.    Such an early strip for the price.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, tth2 said:

Who keeps quoting final prices without including the BP?!

Grapeape. I always quote BP but this time I was thinking more of what the seller might be thinking (happy or sad)However I did not articulate this so I caused a few people to "correct" me. It's fair and I'm sorry for the confusion.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:47 PM, grapeape said:

Grapeape. I always quote BP but this time I was thinking more of what the seller might be thinking (happy or sad)However I did not articulate this so I caused a few people to "correct" me. It's fair and I'm sorry for the confusion.

We forgive you :baiting:

On 11/18/2022 at 6:49 PM, batman_fan said:

We forgive you :baiting:

I thought you'd go for the Snoopy Sunday. I almost did against all sanity. I just had no budget to work with. It was hard not to push the bid button and max out the credit cards. lol

On 11/18/2022 at 8:03 PM, grapeape said:

I thought you'd go for the Snoopy Sunday. I almost did against all sanity. I just had no budget to work with. It was hard not to push the bid button and max out the credit cards. lol

1980 is too late for me but it was a nice one.  I also liked the Lucy/Charlie Brown one and I am pretty sure my wife wouldn't have killed me if I won it bur we are in the middle of getting our backyard down and it is going to be a fortune.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 9.09.11 PM.png

Edited by batman_fan

On 11/18/2022 at 10:17 PM, batman_fan said:

1980 is too late for me but it was a nice one.  I also liked the Lucy/Charlie Brown one and I am pretty sure my wife wouldn't have killed me if I won it bur we are in the middle of getting our backyard down and it is going to be a fortune.

wall.JPG

when you asked your contractor to quote you that job, did he ask you to bend over and cough? 

I can somewhat relate.    I have some giant rocks like that on one side of my property to stop soil erosion.     Nothing feels stupider in life than getting a big bill for a bunch of rocks. 

Edited by Bronty

On 11/18/2022 at 8:28 PM, Bronty said:

when you asked your contractor to quote you that job, did he ask you to bend over and cough? 

I can somewhat relate.    I have some giant rocks like that on one side of my property to stop soil erosion.     Nothing feels stupider in life than getting a big bill for a bunch of rocks. 

I joke with our general about needing to know the final price so I know how much blood to sell.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, batman_fan said:

wall.JPG

Stacking rock vertically always costs more.

I had a 20k quote for a 5x10 bathroom remodel, I supply all materials (tile, sink, shower glass, fixtures).

On 11/18/2022 at 5:46 PM, J.Sid said:

This one actually grew on me over time.
Magneto in multiple panels, Beast in multiple panels. That top right panel with the X-Men in their circus/captive gear, Mesmero's may be a dud character, but Byrne drew him so cool! There's something good to look at in every panel, and as mentioned, the Magneto storyline was great!

Don’t get me wrong, I love the art on the page.  It was more a commentary on the price for what I would consider a grade ‘C’ page.   It would have been probably $20-25k 1-2 years ago and now it’s $60k.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:39 PM, dspair said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the art on the page.  It was more a commentary on the price for what I would consider a grade ‘C’ page.   It would have been probably $20-25k 1-2 years ago and now it’s $60k.

I am hoping the back yard is under $150k

On 11/18/2022 at 9:17 PM, batman_fan said:

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 9.09.11 PM.png

Smart! Building a bunker for the Great Comic Art Crash on the horizon. 

On 11/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, Michael Browning said:

I always thought this was a recreation or lightboxed by Dave Stevens. I’ve talked with others and I’m not the only art collector who believes that to be the case.

DED30D64-87CF-4CA3-AA06-A87833FFED43.png

Agree that seems far more likely than pure Kirby.   

I think overall the prices realised in this auction were strong, not crazy high but no major across the board lowering of prices given the volume of material.

Im predicting the Dec OA auction will bring record prices for alot of the DC 60s art especially the Anderson spectre cover

What did you guys think about the realized prices for the DD pages by Tim Sale? All were nice but don’t come near LH or DC pages. I thought the splash would have gone higher. The panel pages seemed to be in line? Hard to find comps.