• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERITAGE November comic and art auction
4 4

367 posts in this topic

Live auction is underway: There’s a sweet Surfer page with him riding his board from the 90’s - I wonder if Gator is gonna get a piece of that? hm

https://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7283&lotNo=97418&type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 11/20/2022 at 12:21 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Live auction is underway: There’s a sweet Surfer page with him riding his board from the 90’s - I wonder if Gator is gonna get a piece of that? hm

https://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7283&lotNo=97418&type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

I didn’t like the face. Ow I would have bought before it was even consigned (the consignor is a friend and he did offer to me)

but I did bid it to where I would have paid, but did not win

Edited by G.A.tor

On 11/20/2022 at 6:50 PM, G.A.tor said:

I didn’t like the face. Ow I would have bought before it was even consigned (the consignor is a friend and he did offer to me)

but I did bid it up to where I would have paid, but did not win

Good call, Sherman Surfer is no bueno.

Hard to believe that splash was $2250 a year ago, and the cover was $2500 in 2018.

I tried to get a piece of the George Perez action, with the Malibu promotional piece - I got maxed out on it and there it went for one week increment higher.

I got one page on my fire-and-forget original bid, not Morlock but not astronomical either. It was a page I remembered well from original publication. I thought I won it in a previous auction but somehow didn't. This time I got it cheaper, which I choose to see as proper valuation rather than falling values. Sorry to whoever lost money on the flip. A little sorry, anyway.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:53 PM, g-man said:

What did you guys think about the realized prices for the DD pages by Tim Sale? All were nice but don’t come near LH or DC pages. I thought the splash would have gone higher. The panel pages seemed to be in line? Hard to find comps. 

That Sale DD DPS in the Platinum Session was breathtaking. $36K for that and $57.6K for the cover...prices were very strong I thought. 

On 11/20/2022 at 3:30 PM, Michael Browning said:

I went big for the Vision and Scarlet Witch #1 cover and still lost the dang thing. I remember when that sold for $1800 21 years ago. 😢

At $57.6K, I guess people thought it was a WandaVision birth cover. :facepalm: I coincidentally just re-read that mini-series recently and that's when the pair leave the Avengers and move the 'burbs like in the Disney+ show.  

Edited by delekkerste

On 11/20/2022 at 8:50 PM, artdealer said:

I owned that Starlin Hulk cover back in the late 70s. I had Starlin touch up the right eye as the white-out that was there chipped away. 
My personal opinion is that Hulk cover, is one of the best 3 non Warlock or Captain Marvel covers Starlin drew in that time period. 
That Hulk is brutal!

Totally agree Mitch. This Hulk cover is primo Starlin and iconic. It's the one piece in this auction I would have been most happy to take home (I did not) and I'm not even really a Hulk fan/collector. 

On 11/20/2022 at 5:12 PM, delekkerste said:

That Sale DD DPS in the Platinum Session was breathtaking. $36K for that and $57.6K for the cover...prices were very strong I thought. 

I had never really looked that closely at the DD Yellow story, but seeing the scans for this auction were eye opening. Really superb artwork. What's the consensus on the story from comic fans out there-is this a collection I should track down, and is there a black and white version perhaps (that would seal the deal for me)?