• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Cover books
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. I have a very nice double cover issue of Thor #163. It has a 7.5 outer cover and a 9.0 inner cover. I am the original owner and I sent it in without a C&P. I'm happy with the grade and I know it might get a bump in grade if I cracked it and got it cleaned and pressed. I likely won't 

Here's my question; How can I find out if this is the only double cover of this issue? I've tried to look for other doubles but I've not found  another. I'm not sure how to continue. Any information would be appreciated and I look forward to any comments. Thank you and Best to all. 

Thor 163.jpg

Edited by Joe Hastings
Spelling error

Okay, here's my take on this.

There are probably others out there but, they may not be graded. So, it's pretty much impossible to answer your question and that's probably why no one's responded.

There is no reason to think this might be the only copy.  It's a low value book and most double cover collectors prefer raw books, in my opinion. 

It's a nice book but not very likely to be one of a kind. Production values back then were pretty lax.

Edited by shadroch

Thank you both for responding and your opinions. I wouldn't think it is the only double cover in existence, I'm just saying I see no way on the CGC site to research if there were any other graded double covers of this book in any grade. Perhaps I wasn't quite clear enough on my original post.