• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moore's Miracleman collected in an Omnibus?

13 posts in this topic

I believe the closest you can get is the three trade paperbacks from the first publishing or the newest versions from Marvel (edited versions for Political Correctness).  The original Eclipse trades seem to be dipping in price too.

On 9/20/2022 at 9:13 AM, Yorick said:

I believe the closest you can get is the three trade paperbacks from the first publishing or the newest versions from Marvel (edited versions for Political Correctness).  The original Eclipse trades seem to be dipping in price too.

ty

On 9/20/2022 at 7:44 AM, NoMan said:

The history of Marvelman/Miracleman gets confusing. I'm looking for the Moore material collected in an Omnibus. Thanks.

An Omnibus is being released by Marvel in late October.

Here's Amazon's description of content:

"COLLECTING: Warrior (1982) 1-18, 20-21; Miracleman (1985) 1, 3, 6-16; Marvelman Special (1984) 1; A1 (1989) 1 [as presented in Miracleman (2014) 1-16]; All-New Miracleman Annual (2014) 1"

"[as presented in Miracleman (2014) 1-16]; All-New Miracleman Annual (2014) 1" = will be the re-lettered, edited versions previously published by Marvel.  Were they also recolored?  

I would avoid this omnibus at all costs.  If you can afford them, get the original collected editions from the late 80s (early '90s?). Or the floppies, but #15 is gonna cost ya.  Issues #1-10 used to be dirt cheap, but that might no longer be the case.    

On 9/21/2022 at 4:02 PM, djzombi said:

"[as presented in Miracleman (2014) 1-16]; All-New Miracleman Annual (2014) 1" = will be the re-lettered, edited versions previously published by Marvel.  Were they also recolored? 

There are definitely some changes. Whether good or bad is a matter of personal preference.

Miracleman.PNG

On 9/21/2022 at 12:52 PM, Brock said:

An Omnibus is being released by Marvel in late October.

Here's Amazon's description of content:

"COLLECTING: Warrior (1982) 1-18, 20-21; Miracleman (1985) 1, 3, 6-16; Marvelman Special (1984) 1; A1 (1989) 1 [as presented in Miracleman (2014) 1-16]; All-New Miracleman Annual (2014) 1"

holy spoon that seems confusing

I wonder why the material from 2014 annual is in there. Writers on that were Peter Milligan and Grant Morrison. If they're going to include that, they should probably include the "Apocrypha" mini-series (from multiple writers) and the Neil Gaiman written stuff (including his first MM story from the "Total Eclipse" mini-series.)

On 9/23/2022 at 11:05 PM, jdandns said:

I wonder why the material from 2014 annual is in there. Writers on that were Peter Milligan and Grant Morrison. If they're going to include that, they should probably include the "Apocrypha" mini-series (from multiple writers) and the Neil Gaiman written stuff (including his first MM story from the "Total Eclipse" mini-series.)

I’m sure the Gaiman stuff will be Volume 2.

Got my Omni on preorder with cheapgraphicnovels.com.

From what I've seen, the recoloring doesn't bother me that much (not like the Neal Adams re-do efforts, which bother me a lot). After all, the Eclipse trade paperbacks used different coloring than the Eclipse single issues did.  But I didn't check out any of the prior Marvel reprints, what were the other differences?  I'm guessing Marvel didn't include the Mick Angelo reprint chosen for the first issue of the Eclipse series.  Anything else?

Largely the same besides the recoloring.

I think the scene with Kid Miracleman and the firedrake character may have had the racial slur censored in the Marvel reprint, and possibly one or two other things like that. Marvel reprinted the Warpsmith solo stories, too, which I don't think the Eclipse collections ever did.

Here's a thoughtful and detailed take:

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566374