• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Receiving Graded Submissions - Returned to Sender?

5 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon Everyone,

This was my first time submitting a couple of comic books to get signed and graded from CGC.

It was supposed to arrive on 09/19 by Registered Mail and as excited as I was, I kept checking the tracking yesterday constantly until... it was past the delivery window and the tracking updated to:

Latest Update

Your item was returned to the sender on September 19, 2022 at 8:14 pm in xxxx, CA xxxx because of an incorrect address.

I called CGC this morning and confirmed they had the correct shipping address, called USPS and they also confirmed it was a correct shipping address. They said I could try my luck by going to the Post Office and seeing if it was still sitting there. When I went, the clerk also saw the tracking and was confused by the incorrect address as she also confirmed my address was right.

She went to the back, tried to look for it, asked the carrier if it was in their truck for today's delivery and nothing. She said she was going to contact the carrier that delivered the mail yesterday and would give me a call later if she were available, if not, I would have to call back tomorrow to follow up.

Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how did it get resolved?

Thanks everyone!

On 9/25/2022 at 11:12 AM, OrphanFruiteh said:

For those who have received mail by priority registered mail, is there a separate tracking for the registered mail part?

No.

Sucks this happened but stay the course registered items are about as safe as shipping gets even if it takes a mess of detours.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:43 AM, MAR1979 said:

No.

Sucks this happened but stay the course registered items are about as safe as shipping gets even if it takes a mess of detours.

Hopefully. They had closed my service request after just telling me it was sent back to sender (though it was a week and still no updated scans). I called and they re-opened it only to have the district representative apologize for the mishap and that they are putting it back to the mail stream and reworking it to have it delivered. This Wednesday will be a week since they claim to have it back to the mail stream and re-delivered, so I guess all I can do is see if there's any updates on the scans. 

I would imagine with registered mail, it gets scanned from every point it reaches. And on top of that, with it being priority, it would not take this long.

On 10/3/2022 at 2:03 PM, OrphanFruiteh said:

Hopefully. They had closed my service request after just telling me it was sent back to sender (though it was a week and still no updated scans). I called and they re-opened it only to have the district representative apologize for the mishap and that they are putting it back to the mail stream and reworking it to have it delivered. This Wednesday will be a week since they claim to have it back to the mail stream and re-delivered, so I guess all I can do is see if there's any updates on the scans. 

I would imagine with registered mail, it gets scanned from every point it reaches. And on top of that, with it being priority, it would not take this long.

Registered from CGC for example to my location usually take 5-7 business and I'm only 15 miles from one of the larger shipping hubs in the USA :)