• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazines, Foreign books and a selection from Silver to Modern — an Unusual Selection!
3 3

39 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

It’s been a while since I ran a sale, I decided to ran this one in the Mixed section so it will allow me to list an assortment of pretty much varied material.

IMPORTANT: As many of you know, I am based in Italy. Postage costs for Registered are high, so I’ve decided to offer Priority (which has no tracking) as well, but only to people which I already know and with the agreed upon condition that if the packages gets lost we have no means to check it. Both methods have more or less the same transit times: 12-15 days to USA/Americas or less. Please send me a message for postage costs to other locations.

Shipping costs are as follows:

19.00€ up to 350g (1-2 comic books, or the equivalent)
26.00€ up to 1kg.
Priority (not trackable):
13.00€ up to 350g (1-2 comic books, or the equivalent)
18.00€ up to 1kg

For heavier packages we may consider an Express Courrier which will be cheaper than Poste Italiane.

As a general rule, I always try to price fairly but without discounts. Of course I will combine shipping costs and try to have the less expensive options from Italy.
You can find my kudos thread here. I try to grade books accurately but I’m no professional grader – mostly the grade listed is the grade I’d be satisfied with if I was the buyer.

Rules: The first :takeit: (icon or text) in thread wins. You can purchase by PM but at your own risk – I will go by time stamp.

Payment methods accepted: Paypal, Wise. Please no people on the HoS or Probation list.

Jungle Action Lot

Lot of #9, 10 together with the Italian commemorative edition of “Panther’s Rage” storyline still shrinkwrapped with metal plate reproducing the cover.
#9 is FN-/FN and #10 is FN+, #10 is also the first apperance of King Cadaver.

$100 for the lot

Blg3BSD.jpg

I0HM4M8.jpg

kOPY855.jpg
KMlqOl5.jpg

Linus n. 10 / Anno LV
Baldini & Castoldi, 2019

A special issue of the historical italian comics magazine and criticism publication devoted to Astro Boy and its creator, Osamu Tezuka.
Beautiful features, see spoiler tags for content.

VF
$19

lnUn3j2.jpg

Spoiler

isis3p3.jpg

e2LPeZA.jpg
c9I5cVF.jpg
YPEBc4k.jpg
OyxksBP.jpg
6EcTiY7.jpg
e3NV2Yp.jpg
XhRkjHZ.jpg

Back cover: 

Spoiler

oLP6dGQ.jpg

Linus n. 5 / Anno LV
Baldini & Castoldi, 2019

A special issue of the historical italian comics magazine and criticism publication devoted to the 80th Anniversary of the creation of Batman, including features on the character, his creator Bob Kane, merchandising, etc. (see pictures). Besides using the iconic cover of Detective Comics #31, there is also an eerie reinterpretation of it as a second cover, immediately on the insides.

VF
$25

BRYR8hV.jpg

YR5fUOS.jpg

Spoiler

hE71yPa.jpg
lwwSjcj.jpg
ufXFwqn.jpg
7IULCdj.jpg
CjmbrqV.jpg
JKkBydp.jpg
n5MLc3N.jpg
H8A0sVt.jpg
JJc4dMz.jpg

Back cover: 

Spoiler

8718FA2.jpg

Provolinus (Linus Supplementi n.5)
Milano Libri Edizioni, 1967

Squarebound, magazine format. Provolinus is a supplement of Linus from 1967 and it features the very first edition of Fantastic Four #5, a super-cool book to me.

Dr. Doom was adapted as "Dottor Fato" (Doctor Fate) in a sharp black and white, with great translation and graphic adaptation. Only five years later, in 1972, Editoriale Corno would start to publish the Fantastic Four in their own title on a regular basis.
You can check full contents here: https://www.comicsbox.it/albo/LINUSSUPP_005

A very nice midgrade copy, with some color abrasion on spine. This has become hard to find, especially in nice shape.

VGFN
$80

HJTbZD1.jpg

ruWmXdK.jpg

Spoiler

TDei059.jpg
37eU8Mx.jpg
0cvI50u.jpg
PbbIV2z.jpg

Back cover and spine: 

Spoiler

QeuXkdq.jpg

XraQyzg.jpg

Four Favorites #4 (Ace Comics, March 1942)

First Unknown Soldier in title.

Cover art by B. Currie. Untitled story; Unknown Soldier vs. Invisible Man (Prof. Amos Aries). Untitled story, pencils by Maurice Gutwirth; Magno vs. the Hook; Davey and Magno go in Magnos study. Untitled story, art by Red Holmdale; Lash Lightning (Robert Morgan) vs. the Were-Wolf (Adolph Krimetz). Untitled story starring The Raven, art by Red Holmdale. "Hemp Hellion" text story. "Luke and His Magic Flute" one-page story, art by Lou Paige. Untitled Mr. Whiskers (Jim Clay) story; A group of tourists are in danger of being abducted.

This would be a pretty nice copy, but the front cover got detached from the rest of the book (back cover is still attached as it can be seen in the pictures).
I would grade it as a Fair/FR+ or a VGFN (Qualified).
Books appears clean, with no restoration, quite supple paper and nice page quality. I will take more pictures if needed.

This is a relist from my Wartime thread, if it does not sell I will probably see how it could fare in an eBay auction.

FR+ / VGFN (Q)
$700 MOVED

Spoiler

HQIA8LX.jpg

kkUasFu.jpg

tHqJHXn.jpg

Edited by vaillant
MOVED