• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatever happened to... (Boardies from yesteryear)
7 7

154 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2022 at 12:41 AM, D2 said:

Now the only question would be, what would be the last collectible? What would be the collecting criteria for someone that, didn’t grow up with the books, but has a love and desire for the tangible item, and have and collect?

Do they gravitate towards covers? Acclaimed stories? Or maybe just old books on the cheap?

I always think about the allure of steampunk. Someone glued together welding goggles with a pressure gauge and young people went apeshat over it. I think even if comics fall by the wayside, someone will come up with some crazy way of repackaging it to appeal to a younger crowd and get them into the old stuff.

Encapsulating books was freakin' genius. What a way to advance the collectability of comics and bring a whole new avenue of collecting to the table. There will be another advancement in comic collecting someday, we just don't see it yet.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:50 PM, batman_fan said:

For all you breadstick armed nerd boys, anyone seen JoeCollector?

D

On 9/24/2022 at 5:50 PM, batman_fan said:

For all you breadstick armed nerd boys, anyone seen JoeCollector?

I think you meant “Gray Beards” or “pencil necked geeks”.   And don’t forget “Lot’s of Birthday Money to throw around”...   He was always entertaining...

On 11/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I always think about the allure of steampunk. Someone glued together welding goggles with a pressure gauge and young people went apeshat over it. I think even if comics fall by the wayside, someone will come up with some crazy way of repackaging it to appeal to a younger crowd and get them into the old stuff.

Encapsulating books was freakin' genius. What a way to advance the collectability of comics and bring a whole new avenue of collecting to the table. There will be another advancement in comic collecting someday, we just don't see it yet.

That’s a pretty radical way to see it. 
I love that out of the box thinking. Like comic collecting will just take an entirely different methodology. 
My belief was something less radical, less creative lol

I somewhat expect there to be this change in atmosphere, where superheroes, may take a bit of a back seat. 
I actually think pre code horror will have a resurgence. I say this though, not having read any of it 

On 11/3/2022 at 3:12 PM, FlyingDonut said:

You are the sluttiest of them all, that's for sure. Man-whore.

That’s true. With your post count, you would have been coined the town bicycle. 
Left no road undiscovered. 

On 11/3/2022 at 5:48 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I used to go in there and drive them all bat s**t crazy.

(in my best Indigo Montoya voice)

I do not think "all" means what you think it means.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:26 AM, GACollectibles said:

(in my best Indigo Montoya voice)

I do not think "all" means what you think it means.

I was generalizing.

There was one that only went rat s**t crazy.

On 11/16/2022 at 5:04 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I was generalizing.

There was one that only went rat s**t crazy.

Yeah, I guess it's not as impressive if you posted "I used to go in there and drive like, 5-10% or maybe just one of them bat s**t crazy."

Edited by GACollectibles

On 11/16/2022 at 7:15 PM, GACollectibles said:

Yeah, I guess it's not as impressive if you posted "I used to go in there and drive like, 5-10% or maybe just one of them bat s**t crazy."

No, it was all of them.  Looks like I might owe you an apology. 

When did you get released?

On 9/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, Funnybooks said:

whatever happened to @lizards2 ?

Got fat and happy.

Now in Cabo, eating snails. And buying HG SA.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, Domo Arigato said:

When did you get released?

I didn't, rec room has internets access now.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, Domo Arigato said:

No, it was all of them.  Looks like I might owe you an apology. 

Excellent, I look forward to it.  And remember, as a long absent boardie once said,  don't let facts get in the way of a good post!

On 11/17/2022 at 3:09 AM, GACollectibles said:

I didn't, rec room has internets access now.

Excellent, I look forward to it.  And remember, as a long absent boardie once said,  don't let facts get in the way of a good post!

How many issues of Juggs did you have to trade for that Warlock #1??