• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's SLUMBERLAND starring Jason Momoa (11/18/22)
1 1

8 posts in this topic

TUDUM just brought a new trailer for Jason Momoa's Slumberland. During the Netflix event, fans were introduced to Nemo and Flip as the embark on a whimsical adventure together. The duo doesn't see eye-to-eye. But, you shouldn't let that get in the way of adventure. Opposite the Aquaman star, Marlow Barkley brings Nemo to life.

She's running away from nightmares and hoping that their journey can bring her father back into the picture after he passed away. If you're looking for family fare with a healthy does of whimsical special effects, Slumberland seems like a sure bet. Barkley talked with TUDUM about acting opposite Momoa and how the relationship between Nemo and Flip grows throughout the movie.

"In the movie, Nemo's relationship with Flip starts off rocky because he doesn't want her to be there, but she hangs on to this connection with Flip because she thinks he can help her find her dad," says Barkley. But off screen, Barkley said of the relationship with Momoa on-set. "He made me feel so welcomed," she added. "We would joke around on set, racing each other and singing funny songs. He made me feel like we had known each other for years."

I thought it was a fantastic watch. The little girl Marlow Barkley did a good job, and Chris O' Dowd once again showed his acting chops and made the movie sing. Momoa did his thing, not really skilled as an actor, and you've seen better from Keaton in Beetlejuice. But the kiddos who've never seen that should enjoy him in this role.

Teared up a bit at the end. Not ashamed to say it. Much!

On 11/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, Dr. Love said:

I thought it was a fantastic watch. The little girl Marlow Barkley did a good job, and Chris O' Dowd once again showed his acting chops and made the movie sing. Momoa did his thing, not really skilled as an actor, and you've seen better from Keaton in Beetlejuice. But the kiddos who've never seen that should enjoy him in this role.

Same here. A good overall experience.

It's weird how crazy wrong critics can sometimes be. I read some of the reviews on this and the movie was actually a lot of fun. The audience score is so much higher than critics on this one. 50 point difference.

Edited by Rip

On 11/22/2022 at 3:10 PM, Dr. Love said:

Came here to say EXACTLY this!