• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the issue numbers of story arc of Detective 475 and 476?

7 posts in this topic

Yes, it is a complete enough Joker vs. Batman story between 475 & 476, but you would be missing the plot threads and character arcs that Englehart set in motion back in 469 & 470.  The complete run is 469-476.  Marshall Rogers only came on board with 471, so be aware that the first two chapters are penciled by Walt Simonson and inked by Al Milgrom, which wasn't the smoothest combination in my opinion.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, Zonker said:

Yes, it is a complete enough Joker vs. Batman story between 475 & 476, but you would be missing the plot threads and character arcs that Englehart set in motion back in 469 & 470.  The complete run is 469-476.  Marshall Rogers only came on board with 471, so be aware that the first two chapters are penciled by Walt Simonson and inked by Al Milgrom, which wasn't the smoothest combination in my opinion.

thank you. answer I was looking for

On 9/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, Zonker said:

Hey Zonker, as long as I'm bugging you (if you know): Why does Detective 475 sell for about 150$ more then Detective 476 in similar grade 

Source: MSC, eBay

I think buyers generally like the absurdity of the Joker-Fish cover. Even when Overstreet listed 475 and 476 for the same price, I always saw 475 going for more.  I actually slightly prefer #476, but the 475 cover really does nail the combination of danger and nutso behavior the Joker represents!  

I've always preferred 476 as well.  Classic cover in my opinion.  I think the story arc is only mediocre though, but that may be just me reading the story late after all these years with a modern perspective.  The issue was on the stands when I was still collecting during HS, but never bothered with it.