• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Submission to CGC to grade my comics.. I have questions?

10 posts in this topic

Let’s get right to it. I picked, filled out invoice, packed and sent the comics. Here is my question.. do I get billed when the comics are done getting graded and are going to be shipped back to me? Also I joined on top tier membership.. when does discount and credit get applied?

Just wanted to thank anyone who answers post ahead of time.

Greetings!  I have always gotten billed shortly after my comic books were received and added to the Submission Page (or CGC's inventory).  Normally well before the grading.

As for the credit, in my experience, it's applied to what is billed.  For example, if my grading cost total is $300 with shipping of $35, I usually see only the charge for $185 ($335 - $150 credit)  Keeping in mind that the credit does not apply to shipping, so my grading charges would have to be at least $150 to take full advantage of it on the submission.  If not, it's left over for the next submission.

Hope that helps!

DJ

I was billed for my submission a couple weeks ago (books arrived today). There was a packing slip with the slabs that has an invoice number and and total amount due.

I can see by my credit card statement that the amount billed on my card recently was the exact amount for grading costs minus the $150 credit.

Should I just ignore this or get in touch with someone to make sure this is resolved on their end?

On 9/28/2022 at 3:45 PM, mintcomics1 said:

I was billed for my submission a couple weeks ago (books arrived today). There was a packing slip with the slabs that has an invoice number and and total amount due.

I can see by my credit card statement that the amount billed on my card recently was the exact amount for grading costs minus the $150 credit.

Should I just ignore this or get in touch with someone to make sure this is resolved on their end?

I'm having trouble understanding your situation, but that doesn't matter.  If you think there has been an error or there is some confusion, bring it up with CGC customer service. 

On 9/28/2022 at 7:02 AM, Donald Jack said:

Greetings!  I have always gotten billed shortly after my comic books were received and added to the Submission Page (or CGC's inventory).  Normally well before the grading.

As for the credit, in my experience, it's applied to what is billed.  For example, if my grading cost total is $300 with shipping of $35, I usually see only the charge for $185 ($335 - $150 credit)  Keeping in mind that the credit does not apply to shipping, so my grading charges would have to be at least $150 to take full advantage of it on the submission.  If not, it's left over for the next submission.

Hope that helps!

DJ

return shipping should now be covered by the credit since changes in June

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10271/member-credit-update/

On 9/28/2022 at 11:57 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

return shipping should now be covered by the credit since changes in June

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10271/member-credit-update/

I haven't used any membership credit since the new policy, so I wasn't sure how it actually works in real time.  That is GREAT to know.  Thanks for the follow-up!

DJ

On 9/27/2022 at 4:06 PM, Tooning71 said:

Let’s get right to it. I picked, filled out invoice, packed and sent the comics. Here is my question.. do I get billed when the comics are done getting graded and are going to be shipped back to me? Also I joined on top tier membership.. when does discount and credit get applied?

Just wanted to thank anyone who answers post ahead of time.

If your submission is pre-screen, you won't be charged until the books are graded.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:45 PM, mintcomics1 said:

The packing slip will appear to be an invoice.  If your card was already charged, you can ignore it.  

It was extremely confusing for me as well.  If they already got their money from me, why are they sending me an invoice?