• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC LA COMIC CON 2022?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

I know I'm throwing this out early, but any word if CGC or any facilitator's will be at the LA Comic Con this year? Understanding that the "comic" part of this con tends to gets buried, it's always been a great opportunity to grab signatures from LA based comic creators that tend to set up in Artist's Alley as well as a couple officially announced comic creators. Thanks!

On 9/27/2022 at 1:28 PM, Kirk McPherson said:

I know I'm throwing this out early, but any word if CGC or any facilitator's will be at the LA Comic Con this year? Understanding that the "comic" part of this con tends to gets buried, it's always been a great opportunity to grab signatures from LA based comic creators that tend to set up in Artist's Alley as well as a couple officially announced comic creators. Thanks!

I can say with 95% certainty that there will always be some type of facilitator there, even if CGC is not there themselves. Any time there's money to be made from signature verifications, you can bet there will be a facilitator there offering their services. Even at smaller/less established cons like Ontario Comic Con Revolution there is always at least one vendor offering to facilitate CGC sigs/verification.

Was wondering the same thing. Thinking of sending Rich Henn some stuff in time for Baltimore but I think I'll try my luck with LA Comic Con, its just an hour away from me. It'll be my first experience getting stuff done in person, hopefully with a witness.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, Kirk McPherson said:

Now that we're closer to the event, and the number of creators appearing is pretty decent, would anyone have a lead on who'll be facilitating signatures if CGC doesn't set up shop? 

Just looking at the Exhibitor List on the app, I can see Desert Wind Comics and Collectibles (who set up at pretty much every major con in the region). They offer signature verification/submission facilitation for a fee. This is just the first one I see/off the of the top of my head, but there will probably be more.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Just looking at the Exhibitor List on the app, I can see Desert Wind Comics and Collectibles (who set up at pretty much every major con in the region). They offer signature verification/submission facilitation for a fee. This is just the first one I see/off the of the top of my head, but there will probably be more.

On it! And huge thanks! First time going through a facilitator. I need road signs pointing me in the right direction.

On 11/23/2022 at 6:50 PM, Kirk McPherson said:

On it! And huge thanks! First time going through a facilitator. I need road signs pointing me in the right direction.

No worries, happy to help. I’ve used Desert Wind in the past without issue (was back in 2020). I’d say find their both first to make sure you’re comfortable using them and are familiar with their process/paperwork.

Super productive con for me soo far! Picked up an early Captain Comet Strange Adventures issue I needed from Harley Yee Comics, and some nice early post Captain Comet copies under issue 100. And got my ASM 700 I’ve been working on for years signed and sketched by Sam De La Rosa, who I’ve literally never seen at a west coast convention lol.

23846096-07C0-4299-AD60-300B312C6917.jpeg