• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A raw Hawkman #4 ruined by poor Heritage shipping
2 2

28 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2022 at 10:07 PM, tth2 said:

I've never received a single book from Heritage either.  It's way too costly to have just one book shipped to me.  I always ask them to hold books until there's a bunch that can be shipped to me at the same time.

start buying more expensive books!  (like the good old days!

makes the shipping fee a rounding error.  But yeah, I agree and never buy a single $100 book or whatever with the hefty skipping cost.

My 2 raw books arrived from Heritage today packaged the same way. Nice heavy backboards, but they were placed back-to-back with the covers of the books facing out wrapped in bubble wrap surrounded by packing peanuts, but only on one side. doh! Fortunately, the package was not damaged in any way, but wouldn't it be more prudent to put the books facing each other with the heavy backboards facing out or at least put some cardboard over the covers too to give them more protection and reinforcement and put the packing peanuts on both sides of the bubble wrap in the box? 

730508186_heritagepackage.jpg.a0930c8d1f0094f77156eb13ead54e97.jpg

Edited by Jaylam

On 10/5/2022 at 5:35 AM, Jaylam said:

My 2 raw books arrived from Heritage today packaged the same way. Nice heavy backboards, but they were placed back-to-back with the covers of the books facing out wrapped in bubble wrap surrounded by packing peanuts, but only on one side. doh! Fortunately, the package was not damaged in any way, but wouldn't it be more prudent to put the books facing each other with the heavy backboards facing out or at least put some cardboard over the covers too to give them more protection and reinforcement and put the packing peanuts on both sides of the bubble wrap in the box? 

That's bizarre.  Maybe they've got a bunch of new guys, including managers, in their shipping department, because they don't seem to know what they're doing. 

Resurrecting this thread because today I received an X-Men #3 (as in 1964) packed the same way! It was bagged and boarded with a half dozen backing boards and put inside a slab bag and taped. The the shipping department simply rolled bubble wrap around it, taped the bubble wrap and put it in a box. No cardboard sandwich, nothing except bubble wrap and a polybag protecting the front cover. There was zero damage but it's a bit worrisome as this appears to be their current M.O.

Edited by Dick Pontoon