• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Ian update!
1 1

16 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hurricane Ian Update

Posted on 9/27/2022

The Certified Collectibles Group companies are prepared for weather challenges.

9/27/22 Update

CCG will close its Sarasota headquarters on Tuesday, September 27, in advance of Hurricane Ian. During this time, Customer Service phone lines will be closed, and email responses will be delayed.

All collectibles are secured.

CCG will reopen after the storm has passed and it is safe for employees to return to work. For further updates, please visit NGCcoin.com, PMGnotes.com, CGCcomics.com, CSGcards.com or any of the CCG company websites.

The Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) is monitoring Hurricane Ian and is well prepared for the challenges posed by the tropical weather.

The CCG companies are headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, in modern buildings that are built to withstand hurricanes. The offices are located about 9 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico (east of Interstate 75) and are not in a flood zone. The buildings also have large, secure vaults to protect collectibles that are monitored 24/7.

CCG has been operating in Florida for more than 20 years and has contingency plans for tropical weather. We will continue to monitor the storm and will offer updates on our websites.

• Administrator
On 9/29/2022 at 1:56 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Could just be an additional FYI for those who don't check their emails, and a placeholder for future updates.

I started this thread so it would show up in the announcement box in the list of forums.  Some of the announcements there were 3 years old.  Just trying to regularly change that box to current stuff.

image.png

On 9/29/2022 at 2:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

I started this thread so it would show up in the announcement box in the list of forums.  Some of the announcements there were 3 years old.  Just trying to regularly change that box to current stuff.

image.png

Knowing is half the battle.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:44 PM, JMNosser said:

Not sure if this has been asked in another thread, but when I login and go to submission tracking, everything is gone. I'm assuming this is only temporary due to the shutdown in response to Ian. Anyone know for sure?

Mike in another post mentioned that the servers are down because of Ian...

9/29/22 Update

The Certified Collectibles Group’s Sarasota, Florida, headquarters will reopen for normal business operations on Monday, October 3.

There have been no adverse affects to any of CCG’s buildings or the collectibles safely stored inside our high-security vaults. 

We appreciate all of the emails, calls and texts of support from our customers during this time. We look forward to returning to work to serve you with our expert and impartial services. 

Thank you,

CCG

giphy.gif

On 9/29/2022 at 1:46 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hurricane Ian Update

Posted on 9/27/2022

The Certified Collectibles Group companies are prepared for weather challenges.

9/27/22 Update

CCG will close its Sarasota headquarters on Tuesday, September 27, in advance of Hurricane Ian. During this time, Customer Service phone lines will be closed, and email responses will be delayed.

All collectibles are secured.

CCG will reopen after the storm has passed and it is safe for employees to return to work. For further updates, please visit NGCcoin.com, PMGnotes.com, CGCcomics.com, CSGcards.com or any of the CCG company websites.

The Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) is monitoring Hurricane Ian and is well prepared for the challenges posed by the tropical weather.

The CCG companies are headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, in modern buildings that are built to withstand hurricanes. The offices are located about 9 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico (east of Interstate 75) and are not in a flood zone. The buildings also have large, secure vaults to protect collectibles that are monitored 24/7.

CCG has been operating in Florida for more than 20 years and has contingency plans for tropical weather. We will continue to monitor the storm and will offer updates on our websites.

Hi Mike,

I have been trying for about 5 days or so to complete a submission (before Ian). The area "How should we send your order back to you?" and "Which service do you want to use?" does not work as intended.

I select ship with CGC and ground, but when I click enter payment it points to "Ship under my Account/Select carrier." which I cannot get by....its like a glitch.

thanks.

• Administrator
On 9/30/2022 at 8:49 AM, Dr. A said:

Hi Mike,

I have been trying for about 5 days or so to complete a submission (before Ian). The area "How should we send your order back to you?" and "Which service do you want to use?" does not work as intended.

I select ship with CGC and ground, but when I click enter payment it points to "Ship under my Account/Select carrier." which I cannot get by....its like a glitch.

thanks.

HM Try clearing your cookies and cache.  I just did a submission and was able to get past that.  If this doesn't work, let me know.

Mike

image.png

image.png

• Administrator
On 9/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, Cool Ghoul said:

Mike, I appreciate the email from CGC regarding the state of the facility and collectibles, but more importantly, can we get a notification that all staff/employees are safe?  Lots of concern for everyone down there. 

Thanks.

That is something I cannot confirm one way or another at this time.  I have not heard of any injuries of staff members.  

On 10/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, JollyComics said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Is this Wesley Snipes?

Edited by ak47po

Glad to hear everyone is safe & CGC is reopening this week. I’m getting ready to send comics down for an in house signing. Slightly concerned if infrastructure is an issue with shipping. Is there any info or preferred shipper I should be using in the wake of the storm? I’m planning to wait another week or so, allowing things to settle down, before shipping.