• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spicy Tales #11 CGC 9.8 W Lone 9.8 in Census, Bruce Timm cover
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Wow, that's really something. Lots of people looking for that one. To give you an idea, there are currently 84 MCS users that have it on their want list, including me, and that's for a raw copy! eBay asking prices on raws begin in the $150 range and go up from there, so a 9.8 slab...no idea whatsoever on value, but I expect it would be significant! I'd run it through an auction house if I was going to sell, just because the sky could be the limit. Bruce Timm collectors are rabid, the price on this could get silly really fast. Good luck if you decide to let it go!

Edited by F For Fake

On 9/30/2022 at 7:10 AM, F For Fake said:

Wow, that's really something. Lots of people looking for that one. To give you an idea, there are currently 84 MCS users that have it on their want list, including me, and that's for a raw copy! eBay asking prices on raws begin in the $150 range and go up from there, so a 9.8 slab...no idea whatsoever on value, but I expect it would be significant! I'd run it through an auction house if I was going to sell, just because the sky could be the limit. Bruce Timm collectors are rabid, the price on this could get silly really fast. Good luck if you decide to let it go!

Many thanks @F For Fake I was kinda thinking an auction house might be the way as well after looking at GPA and then census - only 10 graded total. I appreciate the assist :highfive:

On 9/30/2022 at 10:51 AM, Kramerica said:

Many thanks @F For Fake I was kinda thinking an auction house might be the way as well after looking at GPA and then census - only 10 graded total. I appreciate the assist :highfive:

No problem! Keep us updated if you go that route. I doubt my wallet would measure up, but I'd be really interested to see how high it goes!

On 9/30/2022 at 7:10 AM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I've decided to offer it on MCS's Prime Sale that starts Jan 2nd. Should be fun!

On 11/14/2022 at 10:17 AM, Kramerica said:

Yeah, I've decided to offer it on MCS's Prime Sale that starts Jan 2nd. Should be fun!

Cool, remind us when that rolls around, would love to see how it does!

On 1/3/2023 at 11:36 AM, Kramerica said:

The day has arrived! Spicy Tales #11 is now live on MCS:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=Spicy+Tales+%2311&pubid=&PubRng=

Good luck! I threw my hat in the ring, don't expect to win it, though!

On 1/3/2023 at 10:19 AM, F For Fake said:

Good luck! I threw my hat in the ring, don't expect to win it, though!

Good luck! I have no clue which way it's going.

Fun Fact: I put this book up on eBay a year ago and some button humper reported it/complained so they took it down. That's when I said why not and sent it to CGC. 

About 3 and a half days remaining on the Spicy Tales #11 CGC 9.8! Hard to tell if there's real general interest or just a few folks waiting to snipe at the end....for all I know we could see it make moves or just stand still at $180.00 for the rest of its time up on MCS. The Suspense!

On 1/9/2023 at 12:04 PM, Kramerica said:

About 3 and a half days remaining on the Spicy Tales #11 CGC 9.8! Hard to tell if there's real general interest or just a few folks waiting to snipe at the end....for all I know we could see it make moves or just stand still at $180.00 for the rest of its time up on MCS. The Suspense!

To be honest I've not followed many MCS auctions, usually sticking with CLink and eBay, so I'm not fully familiar with how their lots tend to go. But I'd still be surprised if this didn't take a run before all is said and done. Such a cool book!