• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Brian Bolland Cover Appreciation Thread
5 5

66 posts in this topic

They must have disapproved of Superman’s mullet.  Ha ha.  My ex wife read Jack of Fables and I read and looked at some of her’s.  There is one Bolland cover (can’t remember which) which has a dragon sitting on a bunch of loot.  I loved the cover but was not a big fan of the story or characters.  I’d still buy the comic for myself though for the cover alone

On 9/30/2022 at 8:51 AM, dover said:

Love the Bolland!!

Working on a complete WW run but always buy his covers. 

I used to have this in a 9.9 and I would buy it back if I ever found it. I bought a raw copy of this book off Metropolis and their description was something like, "this cover is so offensive that we will not even post a picture"!!

Wonder Woman (II) 88 B 9.8 WP.jpeg

On 9/30/2022 at 11:22 AM, malvin said:

I normally only post and read in the original art forums, but I saw this as a popular thread and thought I would drop by. I also realize that everyone here is talking about comics, but here are 2 Brian Bolland Original Covers I own:

Judge Dredd Issue 30 (Comicartfans Link)

AuIB2pnD_1509171304131gpadd.jpg

Amazing Heroes Issue 52 cover (Comicartfans Link)

JAZjnRyF_2205211530281gpadd.jpg

Malvin

^^ and ironically I run into that #30 a lot where I bin dive. It might have been a couple of places, but never in grade to pick up, I've thumbed through it though and it is an interesting cover for sure!

On 9/30/2022 at 5:46 AM, OtherEric said:

It's too bad they had Sal Buscema redo the face, but still a great cover.

I think it was more a case of someone pasting a Buscema head over what Bolland had drawn than Sal Buscema redoing the face. Here's the unmodified version, which I wouldn't say was one of Bolland's finest.

163c06115e9663f312bff0a857117e8c.jpg

On 10/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

I think it was more a case of someone pasting a Buscema head over what Bolland had drawn than Sal Buscema redoing the face. Here's the unmodified version, which I wouldn't say was one of Bolland's finest.

163c06115e9663f312bff0a857117e8c.jpg

:sick:

On 10/2/2022 at 3:33 AM, divad said:

I'll never scan any of my faves . . . because I'll never sell them.  :bigsmile:

It’s a slippery slope.  You scan them....then while you’ve got them out you grade them....and the next thing you know you’ve sold them. :insane: