• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting a CGC signature series book for an additional signature
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a CGC signature series book that I'll be submitting to add another signature and possibly a remark. I know CGC requires I submit the intact slab and they will crack the book out which raises the question; how do I indicate where I want the book to be signed? I can't put the book in a window bag because it's slabbed.

Can I make a window bag, include it with the slab and when they crack the book out it will be placed inside? Can I leave some kind of note to indicate where I want the signature/remark or what I want the remark to be? CGC doesn't do a very job communicating how we're supposed to communicate with the creators. I tried contacting support 4 days ago but understandably the hurricane has everything shut down. I worry when they reopen in 4 days and have a full week of support tickets to get to, I may not hear back before the cutoff date to ship for the signing.

Correct. Send in the slab as is and include a custom window bag for them to place the comic in.  The window bag should be made where you want the signature / remark to be and on the painter tape, add special notes like what color pen you want). If you do not include your own custom window bag, they will place it in one of theirs and the creator will sign where ever they want.

I have done this in the past and has always worked (color and location) so they do follow your wishes.

Quick question for everyone as I am new to the grading side of books.

I have a spawn 1 I got signed back in the day at my local con, can I submit this book for the upcoming Todd signing and request him sign over his previous signature done on the book to get a yellow label? If not what would be some suggestions for this beautiful book I own.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:31 PM, Yaku said:

Quick question for everyone as I am new to the grading side of books.

I have a spawn 1 I got signed back in the day at my local con, can I submit this book for the upcoming Todd signing and request him sign over his previous signature done on the book to get a yellow label? If not what would be some suggestions for this beautiful book I own.

It's my understanding that even if you request the artist to essentially re-sign over the existing signature, it still would not qualify for the full-on yellow label, rather it would get the green/yellow label. Additionally, I do not believe that the artist will sign over the existing signature. The only other option that I'm aware of in order to get the full yellow label is to submit another unsigned copy.