• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If this is the only OA forum, why isn't everyone here?
4 4

85 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2022 at 1:56 AM, romitaman said:

I Haven't been here in several months, and was just checking to see what everyone was talking about with auctions..... and the NEW YORK comic con thread as I was there set up and had my best show ever, (with most of my sales on SUNDAY...Which was a first for me there doing so well at the very end.) I truly enjoy pre and post auction topics with what everyone feels may go and did go high and /or low, and what everyone thought were good deals and high purchases and such......I also appreciate that Mike H (VODOU) posted this awesome photo above...I have multiple kids spider-man riding cars in my Spider-Man toy room but not that one and Mike may have helped me secure a new toy for my Spidey toy room so Thanks Mike for that!!!!!! This photo also tells me that Mike (and hopefully many others) watched my CAF CRIBS episode with Bill Cox this past summer where I showed my "ADULT" SPIDER-MAN CAR In my driveway.....As well as all of my framed art in my house and a quick look through my spider-man memorabilia room at home....Here is the off the cuff episode if anyone cares to see it... Thanks!!! :)   

:headbang: Love the Crib!

On 10/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, Xatari said:

@Dr. BallsI try to load pieces on CAF for a few reasons.  One is the very aspect you mentioned in that I think there is an element of stewardship we end up taking on with art.  Showing a piece exists is helpful for the community in that regard.  Sometimes I will be searching for a specific modern piece and wonder if perhaps it was done digitally.  Seeing other pieces from the same issue help answer that question.  Seeing the exact piece helps me identify if I have a shot at the piece once I reach out to the owner.  If not, I allows me to move on mentally to something else.  

Another reason I tend to be more public with my art is to hopefully reduce counterfeits.  If a big piece from my collection is know to be in my collection, there is less a likelihood a counterfeit will show up for sale on the open market or if one does, it is more likely to be called out quickly as a fake.  These are pretty big positives for me.  

I liked this post enough to get back onto CAF for those reasons. I actually enjoy the idea of contributing to the database of art that is still in existence and not lost/destroyed.

On 10/5/2022 at 8:13 PM, Taylor G said:

Chris Snorek and Chuck Arnold have a Discord server. The link for joining that server is this: https://discord.gg/YeEHe3mZ. 

Discord newbie... that link takes me to the Discord Login page, but when I log in, I'm no longer directed toward any particular server. How do I find it within Discord?