• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS Frank Miller Spidey 1 and Daredevil 1 cover OA
3 3

39 posts in this topic

I actually like both of these (the FF cover art isn't as bad as many people are saying it is, either, in my opinion) and, while I don't think they're worth $60K each, if I had the cash, maybe I would buy one just to own a Frank Miller cover (nope, I do not own one). I do think the prices are high, but these may be the only "affordable" Frank Miller covers for awhile. I agree that Miller's art isn't what we all loved on Daredevil and Dark Knight, but he's older now and his style has changed over the years. He is still Frank Miller, though, and that name still carries a lot of weight and value.

I can remember when a dealer told me variant covers aren't worth nearly what the main covers are worth. It wasn't Glen, though, so I'm not bashing him. But, that does prove the changing dynamics in the comic art hobby and how dealers are now selling variant covers and collectors are buying them just the same as the main covers.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:08 AM, Michael Browning said:

I actually like both of these (the FF cover art isn't as bad as many people are saying it is, either, in my opinion) and, while I don't think they're worth $60K each, if I had the cash, maybe I would buy one just to own a Frank Miller cover (nope, I do not own one). I do think the prices are high, but these may be the only "affordable" Frank Miller covers for awhile. I agree that Miller's art isn't what we all loved on Daredevil and Dark Knight, but he's older now and his style has changed over the years. He is still Frank Miller, though, and that name still carries a lot of weight and value.

I can remember when a dealer told me variant covers aren't worth nearly what the main covers are worth. It wasn't Glen, though, so I'm not bashing him. But, that does prove the changing dynamics in the comic art hobby and how dealers are now selling variant covers and collectors are buying them just the same as the main covers.

Yeah I think the DD cover is not bad actually. Yes, $60 K for a Miller cover today is relatively cheap given hulk 163 sold for $90k around 2018 I think .

On 10/1/2022 at 7:16 AM, KirbyCollector said:

If you did not know these were done by Miller, what would your objective opinion be? 

With no skin in the game, these look like they were done by an amateur to me. The spiderman, in particular, looks very rushed. Is the uneven color of the bricks intentional?

Edited by cstojano

On 10/2/2022 at 6:47 AM, cstojano said:

With no skin in the game, these look like they were done by an amateur to me. The spiderman, in particular, looks very rushed. Is the uneven color of the bricks intentional?

Qft! Re the Spidey cover, amateurish is an accurate description

On 10/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, KirbyCollector said:

If you did not know these were done by Miller, what would your objective opinion be? 

I don't care for the DD pose, took a minute of looking at it to figure out the intent. Price seems bonkers for a brand new piece. 

On 10/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, KirbyCollector said:

The backgrounds are well done (thumbsu

On 10/1/2022 at 3:47 PM, cstojano said:

On 10/2/2022 at 3:35 PM, s-man said:

The backgrounds are well done (thumbsu

haha, even the quality of backgrounds is debatable... 

On 10/2/2022 at 7:51 PM, comix4fun said:

Not necessarily......

1163352228_OnHold.thumb.png.22ab979ee7e3630d2e27d886b55169be.png

Wonder what suck...I mean art lover is interested.