• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Rich Henn from CAF was really Harlan Ellison?
3 3

20 posts in this topic

I corresponded with "Rich Henn" many years ago when I inquired about his Jim Aparo Wrath of the Spectre cover art and the Secret Origins Doom Patrol cover by Byrne, then, he stopped answering me around the same time that Harlan died, but, until I saw the art preview for the upcoming Harlan Ellison Heritage auction, I didn't realize that Mr. Henn was really Mr. Ellison. Did anyone else know?

Below is a link to the CAF gallery and those pieces are what is in the upcoming Ellison auction.

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=106348

On 9/30/2022 at 5:59 PM, Michael Browning said:

I corresponded with "Rich Henn" many years ago when I inquired about his Jim Aparo Wrath of the Spectre cover art and the Secret Origins Doom Patrol cover by Byrne, then, he stopped answering me around the same time that Harlan died, but, until I saw the art preview for the upcoming Harlan Ellison Heritage auction, I didn't realize that Mr. Henn was really Mr. Ellison. Did anyone else know?

Below is a link to the CAF gallery and those pieces are what is in the upcoming Ellison auction.

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=106348

Uh No. Rich was representing Harlan's wife at the time. He was offering the art on her behalf.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:58 PM, Nexus said:

I, for one, support this theory that Rich Henn and Harlan Ellison are the same person. I mean...has anyone here ever seen the two of them together in the same room? Didn't think so.

Also, "Dr. Balls" is actually H.G. Wells.

HG Balls Wells

So all those times I saw Rich flying around convention floors, lugging a hand truck of raw comics behind him to be signed by creators and celebrities, that was, in reality, Harlan Ellison??? I never would have suspected. The perfect disguise. hm

On 10/6/2022 at 3:14 PM, Rich_Henn said:

I was going to say that I live vicariously through the spirit of Ellison but I think Harlan Spirit lives vicariously through me! LOL I couldn't be more flattered to think that somebody would confuse me with HE :-)

I promise to find a photograph of the two of us in the same room and post it!

Richie,

Harlan and his widow were both very lucky to have you as a friend and helper.

@seanfingh

I miss them terribly buddy. Susan passed away unexpectedly back in August of 2020. I don't even think she was 57. :-(.  I have a photo of the three of us in my office I see everyday. I miss you too! Please call me sometime let's catch up my friend!

I was actually just thinking about you not even a couple days ago. Been too long.

Edited by Rich_Henn