• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nycc 2022 signing questions

5 posts in this topic

Hey I was curious if anyone could explain to me how Cgc signature booth works to get wittiness and if I can add Frank millers signing to it at the con to save on shipping or do I have to do it before hand pls lmk also how much dose it cost to get a witness 

I personally would recommend you contact CGC customer service directly, OR go to the CGC booth and ask when you get to NYCC.  The specific processes may be different for each event or even different for specific guests within a given event.  Or procedures that existed before covid might have changed or might vary by event or venue.

CGC SS witnesses are typically free, BUT there may be a special event signing fee (prices vary) or if you use a CGC SS non-employee facilitator (prices vary) instead of a CGC-employed witness.  But very very basically, you show up to the booth, tell CGC you need a witness, the witness follows you to watch you get the signature, you give the witness the book, fill out some paperwork, then done.  You might need to arrange to text the witness when you're near the front of the line or something.  But as stated previously, processes might be different if its a big event (NYCC qualifies) or a big guest (Frank Miller probably qualifies).

good luck.

There's a newbie thread stickied at the top of this subforum if you want to dig around a bit for some basics of the program.

On 10/4/2022 at 12:26 PM, Comicbookguys said:

@revatdo they take cash at the booth do you know 

Thank you 

I've paid with cash, personal check, and credit card at CGC booths before, but that was all 3+ plus years ago, and I've never been to NYCC.  With covid and new ownership at CGC, I wouldn't surprised if some of the policies and processes have changed, and vary between events.  So I suggest contacting CGC directly and asking.