• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought a Batman 251

17 posts in this topic

Well at least I’ve got my fav tec and Batman covers/stories now. Prices are too much for me, more than I care about owning book. Luckily I’ve never cared for cover of Batman of whatever one is Batman/castle/dame in distress/some scarecrow looking guy chasing her

Edited by NoMan

On 10/3/2022 at 5:27 PM, NoMan said:

Well at least I’ve got my fav tec and Batman covers/stories now. Prices are too much for me, more than I care about owning book. Luckily I’ve never cared for cover of Batman of whatever one is Batman/castle/dame in distress/some scarecrow looking guy chasing her

That's like the only issue of Batman I have, not counting a bunch of Tec (with Adams' insides and/or cover). 

CCI02072021_0001.thumb.jpg.1b7c762edad8d38811c7f9b96ca4d6c2.jpg

Picture 1 of 2

Agree with you that cover is a little bit faded, but it's not a terrible example of fading, probably reduced from a 6.5 or so.  And yours (imo) looks nicer than the 6.0 that sold same day for $80 more, which has crappy wrap and spots of moderate wear.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, eastriver400 said:

Not even certain that is fading. I frequently see 251’s that look they were printed with low ink cartridges. 

Fingers crossed. I really wish I’d do my due-diligence sometimes in this hobby (and life in general) but hey, I take it easy, get paid, get laid, break hearts and leave skid marks!

Edited by NoMan

It might be the scan, but the book looks good to me, especially for the grade.  The cover has always been somewhat muted anyway.  I haven't seen too many where the colors are overly saturated.

Edited by Brian48

On 10/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Brian48 said:

It might be the scan, but the book looks good to me, especially for the grade.  The cover has always been somewhat muted anyway.  I haven't seen too many where the colors are overly saturated.

I agree. But the ones that are really saturated really stand out. Love this cover with the bright colors.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:12 PM, NoMan said:

CGC 5.0. $430ish. eBay. I have buyers remorse tho I think. Colors may be faded. I was bored for 8 hours on a plane to Puerto Rico and just tossed in a  boredom bid. And won. 

maybe it’s a bad photo and the colors are ok

Yes it looks faded , no gloss 

On 10/3/2022 at 6:12 PM, NoMan said:

maybe it’s a bad photo and the colors are ok

Post a photo when it arrives in hand.  Curious if that is fading or printed that way.  I don't know why this issue (more so than others) varies so much in saturation. Maybe i just see it that way because of the blue background?

On 10/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, eastriver400 said:

Post a photo when it arrives in hand.  Curious if that is fading or printed that way.  I don't know why this issue (more so than others) varies so much in saturation. Maybe i just see it that way because of the blue background?

I will. Out of USA at moment

On 10/21/2022 at 12:34 PM, NoMan said:

Have book in hand. It seems to be “faded” evenly on front and  back so perhaps it’s a low-ink situation. Regardless it’s mine now and it will do. Can’t wait to free it from slab, read it then put in Mylar. 

When I got my ASM 1 within a day it was cracked out and had again achieved comicness, the way it was born and lived and meant to be and will die, if I have any say.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:52 PM, grebal said:

When I got my ASM 1 within a day it was cracked out and had again achieved comicness, the way it was born and lived and meant to be and will die, if I have any say.

The best was the freedom to crack out my FF 1  & read it prior to subbing for a Stan Lee signing back in the day.  That was a true treat.  I remember getting my desk all in order.  Everything just right....before cracking it open to the splash page :cloud9: