• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Books at NYCC

7 posts in this topic

In previous years it seems you could put together your order and pay for it ahead of time so you could beat the lines at NYCC.  This year it seems you have to be a member.  Now I am wondering do you need to be a member to pre-submit and drop off at NYCC or do you now need to be a member to submit books at NYCC altogether.  

You do have to be a member to submit books.  But at shows CGC attends and for CGC in house signature events a FREE membership is good enough. Since you are posting here you have a membership. So log in and create your submission online for NYCC

Edited by Tony S

On 10/4/2022 at 1:46 AM, Tony S said:

You do have to be a member to submit books.  But at shows CGC attends and for CGC in house signature events a FREE membership is good enough. Since you are posting here you have a membership. So log in and create your submission online for NYCC

^^

Is there any difference in submitting books for grading (non-signature related) at shows vs. via mail in terms of handling, etc? In other words, is the hustle and bustle of a con a game changer in terms of the way the books are being temporarily stored and then shipped back to CGC HQ for grading? Any info from experience would be greatly appreciated...

On 10/4/2022 at 1:46 AM, Tony S said:

Well, when I go to the submission page and click Mail In or Show Drop off it gives me an error and shows the need to subscribe

On 10/6/2022 at 10:39 AM, DDMURDOCK said:

Is there any difference in submitting books for grading (non-signature related) at shows vs. via mail in terms of handling, etc? In other words, is the hustle and bustle of a con a game changer in terms of the way the books are being temporarily stored and then shipped back to CGC HQ for grading? Any info from experience would be greatly appreciated...

The biggest in my opinion is saving on the shipping fees and efforts in having to pack the books yourself. Knowing which ways cgc wants them packed can be a PITA for new submitters.

Theres also the added assurance that you can get by having someone from CGC review your books and packing slip to ensure everything is in order.