• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone tell me what I have
1 1

46 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2022 at 12:42 PM, Joseph eaker said:

No publishing page I mean if these books are a fake why only make 1 copy bootleggers mass produce stuff but knowone has ever seen these 

A person could just be a huge fan and print/publish one for themselves.

or it could be a practice run for a larger bootlegging operation 

On 10/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, revat said:

A person could just be a huge fan and print/publish one for themselves.

or it could be a practice run for a larger bootlegging operation 

Well I'm hoping they were giving to only cast of Batman vs Superman movie 

On 10/7/2022 at 11:08 AM, Joseph eaker said:

That's what I'm saying cause there is no logo or serial number or anything just a dedicated to a person who died and worked on the series if only the cast of bvs got these then I got something but if there are fakes then why isn't more copies out there to find or buy seems like I got the only set wonder what a price would be on these 

If these were printed/manufactured via "pirate" "Counterfeit" "bootleg" type situation first sale doctrine does not apply and TWD could take various forms of legal action if you sell or demonstrate intent of sale or distribution.  My armchair legal advice advice unless you have the resources to challenge a huge corporation do not risk selling them online or publicly in any manner unless you can determine without doubt they are "legit". 

BTW if you used your real name as your ID on this forum there already is trail to be used against you in a legal situation.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, MAR1979 said:

If these were printed/manufactured via "pirate" "Counterfeit" "bootleg" type situation first sale doctrine does not apply and TWD could take various forms of legal action if you sell or demonstrate intent of sale or distribution.  My armchair legal advice advice unless you have the resources to challenge a huge corporation do not risk selling them online or publicly in any manner unless you can determine without doubt they are "legit". 

BTW if you used your real name as your ID on this forum there already is trail to be used against you in a legal situation.

I

First of all if these were fakes there would be more of them out there but there isn't know one would just fake 1 copy these could have been givin to the cast of bvs and if that's so then they are real and I can do what I want with them they were dedicated to will jungantze who is dead who worked with Frank Miller .I'll be in possession of them next week and I have got multiple appointments at a few comic shops to look at them up close . But I'm keeping them untill I find out what they are 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:51 AM, Joseph eaker said:

First of all if these were fakes there would be more of them out there but there isn't know one would just fake 1 copy these could have been givin to the cast of bvs and if that's so then they are real and I can do what I want with them they were dedicated to will jungantze who is dead who worked with Frank Miller .

Why do you keep mentioning the dedication as if that gives what you have any sort of credence?  The pic you supplied with the dedication is an exact copy of interior page 1 of the first issue. 

Here is scan of interior page 1 of issue #1 :

image.thumb.png.2c14ef5315aad5940901b1c3781f0328.png

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/9/2022 at 10:55 AM, Don Key said:

lol now you're just going overboard.

I have never intended to sell nothing I only asked if they could be worth something cause if these were only givin to the cast of Batman vs Superman and we're published just for them then these are rare most people hold on to that stuff but 1 copy got out and I own it so I'm holding on till I know 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:58 AM, MAR1979 said:

HI -  why do you keep mentioning the dedication as if that give what you have any credence? Its a an exact copy of page 1 of the first issue. 

Well u trying to say I'm trying to sell something fake and I have not tried to sell them I'm trying to find out what they are only and there is no basis that they are fake movies do this all the time give cast members copies of stuff to show what the movie will be about and these were bought off the comic book group 

On 10/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, ak47po said:

Submit them to CGC for grading,. See if they will grade them and if not they will tell you why. (shrug)

I already talked to cgc they said not to grade them cause they would have to list don't know what they are said to keep them safe untill I can find out for sure and i have contacted dc comics and sent them pics waiting on a response might cary then to a comic convention too 

On 10/9/2022 at 11:01 AM, Joseph eaker said:

Well u trying to say I'm trying to sell something fake and I have not tried to sell them I'm trying to find out what they are only and there is no basis that they are fake movies do this all the time give cast members copies of stuff to show what the movie will be about and these were bought off the comic book group 

You did not answer the question of why you keep referring to the dedication as if that has meaning? Do you not understand there nothing unique about it the page you showed and that it's simply a direct copy of issue #1 page 1

I've also not said anything about you trying to sell it only informing you of the possibility that if you attempt to sell it publicly and it's not legit that TWD can legally come after you as first sale doctrine will not apply.

image.thumb.png.03798da1dba2a84862b9ea28cd6a6a00.png

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/9/2022 at 11:04 AM, MAR1979 said:

You did not answer the question of why you keep referring to the dedication as if that has meaning? Do you not understand that it is nothing unique about it and that it's simply a direct copy of issue #1 page 1

I've also not said anything about you trying to sell it only informing you of the possibility that if you do it publicly and it's not legit that TWD can legally come after you as first sale doctrine will not apply.

image.thumb.png.03798da1dba2a84862b9ea28cd6a6a00.png

I would be second saler I've bought them from someone else and that person bought from someone else so so far they have been sold twice 

On 10/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, Joseph eaker said:

I would be second saler I've bought them from someone else and that person bought from someone else so so far they have been sold twice 

Appears you lack knowledge on what 1st Sale Doctrine actually is, it has to do with copyright infringement. Does not matter if you are 1st seller or 500th it has to do with copyright law.

https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/criminal-resource-manual-1854-copyright-infringement-first-sale-doctrine
https://libguides.ala.org/copyright/firstsale

TWD has a huge in house legal department staffed with well paid attorneys, tread carefully especially if you contact TWD or their subsidiaries..  If they decide to play hardball to make an example you will need hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay for lawyers just to defend yourself.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/9/2022 at 11:21 AM, Don Key said:

Are you going to go after people selling Remaindered copies next? lol It's technically illegal to sell those issues so those sellers are breaking the law! :sumo:

:kidaround: Seriously dude? That is Not anywhere close to the same thing....   Look at MPAA and RIAA actions over counterfeits/pirating/bootlegs etc, that is the analogy to reference not what you mentioned. While they cant go after everybody it's not worth the potential trouble for the original poster over the item.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, Don Key said:

OK then lol

How about the people selling counterfeit Cerebus #1s and CFD #1s? Any of them ever go to jail? No? You better get on that! :sumo:

to the original poster mess with TWD at your own peril.

Edited by MAR1979

OK then lol

How about the people selling counterfeit Cerebus #1s and CFD #1s? Any of them ever go to jail? No? You better get on that! :sumo:

And mar 1979 the whole time is saying these are fake and he has no proof of that if these are fake them where are the other copies of this cause everyone is telling me they never seen them before a copycat would make multiple copies not just one I feel like this is a movie cast copy if they decided to sell there copy then that's on them but this don't make them fake I was told if this is a movie copy they would of went with there own private printer they never was printed from dc company cause they tech not a dc comic but someone would want this in there private collection 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:58 AM, MAR1979 said:

Why do you keep mentioning the dedication as if that gives what you have any sort of credence?  The pic you supplied with the dedication is an exact copy of interior page 1 of the first issue. 

Here is scan of interior page 1 of issue #1 :

image.thumb.png.2c14ef5315aad5940901b1c3781f0328.png

Dedicated to Will Jungkuntz
1955-1985

Jungkuntz was an artist who had been drawing comics professionally for about a year when he suddenly died of a heart attack at the age of 30.  

I recently picked up the only two issues of the 1985 SAVAGE TALES magazine I was missing, and Jungkuntz did a series called "Blood n' Gutz" in issues 1-4, and died while finishing issue 5's conclusion. The letters page in issue 5 mentions his death, and says the last part would be completed by other artists who were his friends, and would run in a later issue. But SAVAGE TALES was cancelled with issue 8, and the conclusion never ran.  
"Blood n' Gutz" is a post-apocalyptic big guns, girls-in-lingerie high testosterone humorous adventure set in post-disaster Los Angeles. Written, penciled, inked and lettered by Jungkuntz. Probaby his most personal work. Comparable in some ways to Miller's RONIN, I can see why Miller took an affection to him. 

The other series of any length by Jungkuntz is in ECHO OF FUTUREPAST 6-9, another less apocalyptic future story. Jungkuntz did only the pencils for this series, inked by Neal Adams. So it basically looks like Neal Adams, completely dominated by Adams' style. Nice art and colors, but not as representative of Jungkuntz's style, but you can still see similar elements, such as big guns and classic cars, and the humor. 

The only other of his art from Continuity is the first issue of CRAZYMAN (the most story pages Jungkuntz did in a single issue, 49 pages), also inked by Neal Adams.
And likewise a 6-page CRAZYMAN preview in REVENGERS FEATURING MEGALITH # 1.  

The only others listed are EPIC ILLUSTRATED 32 (That just has a 1985 preview of SAVAGE TALES # 1 that shows a few panels of each artist in the premiere issue), and Jungkuntz's only superhero work, a 15-page Captain America story and pin-up in MARVEL FANFARE 26, inked by Wiacek.  

Sad that he died so young, but at least he got to realize his dream and work professionally in comics before he passed away. 

OK then lol

If that doosh Linsner had his way, they would go to jail.