• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone tell me what I have
1 1

46 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, Joseph eaker said:

And mar 1979 the whole time is saying these are fake and he has no proof of that if these are fake them where are the other copies of this cause everyone is telling me they never seen them before a copycat would make multiple copies not just one I feel like this is a movie cast copy if they decided to sell there copy then that's on them but this don't make them fake I was told if this is a movie copy they would of went with there own private printer they never was printed from dc company cause they tech not a dc comic but someone would want this in there private collection 

:screwy:

YOU ARE WRONG.  I have not said they are fake!   But since you brought it up then PROVE IT IS LEGIT by supplying evidence. You also have not said why you think the dedication on p1 is so important. The dedication is meaningless in respect both the validity and provenance of the item. 

If you know so much about this item to tell others here they are wrong then why did you post here to begin with since you are such an expert?  Or was this some sort of phishing scheme in hope you would be pm'd to sell it?

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/9/2022 at 5:43 PM, MAR1979 said:

Or was this some sort of phishing scheme in hope you would be pm'd to sell it?

I'm employed in IT Security. Based on the posts variations of known patterns are in play. In itself that does not prove anything, but it does increase the plausibility of a scheme

Edited by All-Star Squadman

The longer this goes on, and the more the posts devolve into babble, the more I suspect that these originated as a totally normal copy of Batman Noir that was, in some fashion, modified to produce these 'zomg special rare movie cast secret printings'.

@Joseph eaker I assume you have ... whatever these are ... in your possession. What you should do is to post, for each book, clear photos of the front cover, the back cover, the inside front cover, and any page that contains publication information (that dedication is not publication information). Ideally also a photo showing the edge of the spine. At that point, it might be possible to make a better determination about what's going on here.

Not sure if this video of the contents of the hardcover helps - my first thought was that the books are unbound copies of the HC content, but it's hard to determine for sure without clearer pictures of what the OP has.