• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Video Games Launch
4 4

27 posts in this topic

Get into game mode! The newest division of the Certified Collectibles Group — CGC Video Games — will start accepting submissions this month, with a team of passionate graders, advanced authentication and grading technology and a sleek, stackable holder that is more protective than any other option on the market.

Until then, explore the brand-new CGC Video Games website! You’ll find:

Info the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, where we’ll be accepting submissions for the first time
An introduction to the CGC Video Games experts
The CGC Video Games Grading Scale and info on the games
we’ll grade
A preview of the sleek and crystal-clear CGC Video Games holder
Insight on ways to collect video games and why video game
certification is important
And SO much more!

Are you ready to level up?

Edited by ak47po

On 10/6/2022 at 6:44 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Funkos , video games, comics....

Soon I’ll be able to slab my whole world ^^

After more than two decades of "perfecting" the comic side of it.....I still wouldn't send any books in for grading right now. (shrug)

I was going to ask if they were going to do loose cartridges? Then the 1st post was edited, that suggests peruse the site for more info.

@Namtak you excited?  I know they said over and over they'd start "soon" , which evidently soon is later this month. :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

8DA431F4-1881-4BF0-9DE2-8A9A4DC1EBB1.gif.ff9c51165c3869eac51c288d3e376031.gif

They have a track record of being inattentive to details when it comes to comics. They now want to position themselves as some sort of authority in regards to videogames wherein the minutiae separating the releases and printings is 10x worse than it is in comics? Good luck.   

On 10/6/2022 at 5:31 PM, Domo Arigato said:

After more than two decades of "perfecting" the comic side of it.....I still wouldn't send any books in for grading right now. (shrug)

It's starting to seem kinda exciting.    I'm going to throw a 10 book FT modern sub together and roll the dice.   

At this point....I'd kinda be disappointed if they got them all right.:insane:

On 10/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It's starting to seem kinda exciting.    I'm going to throw a 10 book FT modern sub together and roll the dice.   

At this point....I'd kinda be disappointed if they got them all right.:insane:

:celebration:

You should take high res front and back cover scans, but not post them yet.

Then post the before and after scans once you get them back so we can compare. (thumbsu

On 10/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I can’t wait till they accidentally encapsulate a comic in a video game case

I'm waiting for an invisible game cartridge wrapped in acetate. (thumbsu

On 10/6/2022 at 6:04 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I wonder if the graded games in the promotional video are Mark's.

Seems to be a trend that when a new grading market opens up, new record sales prices start to pop up and they are discussed in the main stream news outlets. With the fairly recent history of things, it always makes me wonder who is really buying those "graded items" and how it impacts the perceived value and the rest of the market. 

On 10/6/2022 at 8:14 PM, 707comics said:

Seems to be a trend that when a new grading market opens up, new record sales prices start to pop up and they are discussed in the main stream news outlets. With the fairly recent history of things, it always makes me wonder who is really buying those "graded items" and how it impacts the perceived value and the rest of the market. 

Halperin is responsible for the videogame boom and grading market. Heritage's original press release for the 100k Super Mario Bros sale in 2019 made it appear the sale was an auction win, when in reality it was a private sale, and they didn't disclose it was purchased by three parties either.  

• Administrator

I moved this thread to the announcements section, and pinned it.  That way, it would show up in the announcements box on the right side of the forum.   After seeing the same things there for 2 to 3 years, I would like to change it regularly.  

image.png