• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Search Of: Spider-man with April 2020 cover date
1 1

3 posts in this topic

If this is the wrong forum area, please let me know and I'll move it... this forum is massive and hard to find stuff at times ....

But, I am trying to find (not necessarily to buy right here and right now) any Spider-Man Comic with a cover date of April 2020 (ideally I will get it in a CGC 9.8, or even a 9.9)

Anyone know which title might have that? I've checked all the ones I can think of and that I find on Covrprice, and I am speculating due to the pandemic, it seems the cover dates go from March 2020 right to June/Jul/Aug (must have paused printing/distribution like the rest of the world). Black Cat Strikes, Noir, Marvel Action, etc are perfect examples...

Why am I looking for this?

Basically I am making a "Comic Cover Family Tree" with all family member birthday months of Spider-Man comics... so I already have mine, my wife's, and of course my son was born right at the start of the pandemic in April 2020, and I cannot find his month printed on a cover...!!!

I'd go so far as a non-spidey comic, but with Spidey on the cover...

Thanks for any help!!

On 10/7/2022 at 2:21 PM, ICUP said:

Wow, thanks @ICUP, this is a great resource....

image.png.334ffe340573522c3f98b90a139b68fa.png

Herein lies my confusion... and I'd hate to buy a CGC slab to find the issue, but CovrPrice lists these as different cover dates...

https://covrprice.com/issue/the-amazing-spider-man-39-2099/#variants

image.thumb.png.d9b65583b422e89face640415823b1d6.png

And the next three in the series do not have "April" actually displayed as cover dates, goes from March to May ...

image.png.3c9a179a831398586fc2bbb4e56438c6.pngimage.png.7af997190aafe41cd743d28ec37658df.png

and when I zoom in on the images, I cannot tell....no date is listed... so I'd need to buy some raw ones I guess first and see what the inside cover says...

Was hoping to avoid that..

Maybe I can check CGC's registry to see what they print on these labels....

Thanks!!!!