• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C&P with split spine
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Nice book. Thanks for the pics. I'm concerned about the water stains keeping the grade down, even with a clean and press. Also, the cover looks like it's holding on to those staples by a hair, meaning a press might cause more damage. Some with more experience with grading/pressing a book in this condition, I'm sure, will weigh in.

Edited by jokiing

On 10/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, jokiing said:

Nice book. Thanks for the pics. I'm concerned about the water stains keeping the grade down, even with a clean and press. Also, the cover looks like it's holding on to those staples by a hair, meaning a press might cause more damage. Some with more experience with grading a book in this condition, I'm sure, will weigh in.

Thanks. I am not too worried about the grade, but I do want to get it slabbed just so I don’t have to worry about it.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, Odda said:

Thanks. I am not too worried about the grade, but I do want to get it slabbed just so I don’t have to worry about it.

You'd be just as well off storing it in mylar and double boarding the comic book. Chances of damage from shipping to and from CGC and what can happen through handling at CGC are something to consider. ( I just had a package with 2 slabs sent to CGC for a 2nd Mechanical Error fix be refused by CGC because of package damage by UPS). I know that some collectors like their collection all slabbed up but it's not really much better protection if you know how to properly store your books.

The Joey is @joeypost and he is a highly respected presser on this board who, I'm sure, will share his expert opinion.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:05 PM, jokiing said:

You'd be just as well off storing it in mylar and double boarding the comic book. Chances of damage from shipping to and from CGC and what can happen through handling at CGC are something to consider. ( I just had a package with 2 slabs sent to CGC for a 2nd Mechanical Error fix be refused by CGC because of package damage by UPS). I know that some collectors like their collection all slabbed up but it's not really much better protection if you know how to properly store your books.

The Joey is @joeypost and he is a highly respected presser on this board who, I'm sure, will share his expert opinion.

I think you are right. Think I will just bag/board and put in a top loader to display. Thank you for your input.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:28 PM, Odda said:

I think you are right. Think I will just bag/board and put in a top loader to display. Thank you for your input.

....and you can carefully read it any time you'd like.

I'm still curious to hear what Joey would say about pressing

Edited by jokiing

On 10/9/2022 at 8:11 PM, joeypost said:

Based on the back cover scan, it doesnt look like a lot of dry cleaning is involved. It would have to be done very carefully but the book could be pressed, and the spine could be improved upon greatly.

Thanks. I was planning on having CGC doing it. I will be sending my Sensation comics #47 in too. Here are the pics.

71659B91-191C-454E-B0B8-F42B8D4ABAB4.jpeg

001EFB45-BD79-422A-8998-CB4AEB93CE89.jpeg

E6D058E4-B5B7-4A74-8810-A051DD60EB77.jpeg

Edited by Odda